The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

View Poll Results: Does your 32xx movement seem to be 100% ok?
Yes, no issues 1,025 70.16%
No, amplitude is low (below 200) but timekeeping is still fine 61 4.18%
No, amplitude is low (below 200) and timekeeping is off (>5 s/d) 375 25.67%
Voters: 1461. You may not vote on this poll

Old 1 June 2024, 10:13 PM   #4921
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Understand the kidding reference, but in simpler terms, Rolex regulates any movement the same whether 30xx, 31xx, or 32xx.

After all, COSC uses five different positions and METAS uses six - PLUS at least three different temperatures to certify.

So after V&H, we still have 3-4 to go...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2024, 01:14 AM   #4922
saxo3
"TRF" Member

32xx movement problem poll and data thread

Yes, PaulG.
I think it's a kind of lost opportunity to check an only 4 months old 32xx caliber, which already loses 4 s/d, with a timegrapher (in 5 positions) to measure if it's only a matter or regulation or if the movement already suffers from the well known too low amplitude effect. We haven't learned anything with the information provided so far.
saxo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2024, 10:10 PM   #4923
belutak
"TRF" Member

Watch: Variety
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxo3 View Post
Yes, PaulG.
I think it's a kind of lost opportunity to check an only 4 months old 32xx caliber, which already loses 4 s/d, with a timegrapher (in 5 positions) to measure if it's only a matter or regulation or if the movement already suffers from the well known too low amplitude effect. We haven't learned anything with the information provided so far.

If the issue was the low amplitude then it still is there - it could not have been fixed by the 5min tuning, I think?

Anyway, I am still away on a trip but when I return to my hometown I will take it to my local RSC again for a proper check because I am also very curious to get to the bottom of the issue (my engineering OCD )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
belutak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2024, 02:57 PM   #4924
nikola0406
"TRF" Member

I just got a brand new 224270 two days ago, so I can do a report from time to time. I dont have a professional timegrapher, just the android app. For now it is spot on.
nikola0406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2024, 05:00 PM   #4925
saxo3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikola0406 View Post
I just got a brand new 224270 two days ago, so I can do a report from time to time. I dont have a professional timegrapher, just the android app. For now it is spot on.
You don't need a professional timegrapher, a 200 $ instrument is sufficient; app readings can suffer a lot from the pick-up of external noise signals.
Old 3 June 2024, 06:19 PM   #4926
nikola0406
"TRF" Member

Quote:
You don't need a professional timegrapher, a 200 $ instrument is sufficient; app readings can suffer a lot from the pick-up of external noise signals.
I time all my watches early in the morning when all is super quiet so it should be pretty accurate, amplitude is little over 300 or there about, beat error is 0.4, 0s per day on face up. Lift angle is set to 53
Old 3 June 2024, 06:50 PM   #4927
saxo3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikola0406 View Post
I time all my watches early in the morning when all is super quiet so it should be pretty accurate, amplitude is little over 300 or there about, beat error is 0.4, 0s per day on face up. Lift angle is set to 53
You know it better, ok, q.e.d.
Old 3 June 2024, 06:52 PM   #4928
nikola0406
"TRF" Member

No, no you got me wrong there, didn't say it is better, of course it is not, just saying what I have and what I do
Old Yesterday, 09:18 PM   #4929
nikola0406
"TRF" Member

From today, fully wound, CD and DD, not great not terrible :)

clipboard_image_d16224de25efcb07.jpg
clipboard_image_55ac8912a4355b19.jpg
Old Yesterday, 10:15 PM   #4930
saxo3
"TRF" Member

DD: -1.3 s/d - 273 deg. - 0.1 ms
9U: +1.3 s/d - 247 deg. - 0.3 ms
not so bad, why only 2 positions?

Excellent timegrapher, placement of the watch by an amateur

Carry on.
Old Yesterday, 10:21 PM   #4931
nikola0406
"TRF" Member

I was interested in these two positions
Old Today, 03:34 AM   #4932
maratka
"TRF" Member

I have a 126613LN bought a week ago. Every day it gains +1 second, a total of +6 seconds already. Is this a reason to take it to the service center? Or is gaining time good? I don't have a measuring device.
maratka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:56 AM   #4933
Easy E
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maratka View Post
I have a 126613LN bought a week ago. Every day it gains +1 second, a total of +6 seconds already. Is this a reason to take it to the service center? Or is gaining time good? I don't have a measuring device.
+1 a day is awesome.
Easy E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:26 AM   #4934
Toshk
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy E View Post
+1 a day is awesome.

Good sign indeed. All my faulty ones were losing time out of the box.
Toshk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:00 AM   #4935
maratka
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy E View Post
+1 a day is awesome.
I think I'll observe them for about a month, and then I'll take them to a watchmaker for a check-up on a professional device and ask to have the watch opened. Also, a friend who works in a service center in another country said that three watches with the 32xx movement had lubrication issues (a customer was choosing from three new watches from 2024 in his service center, and the technician opened the case back and said that all three had no lubrication).
Old Today, 05:07 AM   #4936
S.Explorer
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rollie
It's your watch so do as you please, but I'd definitely not take it for a check-up, let alone have it opened up, when it's running at +1 sec/day. That's well within tolerance.
S.Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:16 AM   #4937
maratka
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Explorer View Post
It's your watch so do as you please, but I'd definitely not take it for a check-up, let alone have it opened up, when it's running at +1 sec/day. That's well within tolerance.
I thought about this because a friend who owns a service center said that almost all the watches that came to him for authenticity assessment or inspection when purchased by third parties turned out to be dry (and completely new!). He also said that after lubrication, the problems disappeared (it's unknown for how long, as he only knows the fate of a few watches whose owners constantly come to him). In any case, for some users, everything was fine after lubrication. I only considered an inspection to avoid wear on the mechanism in the future. Isn't lubrication a panacea?
Old Today, 05:31 AM   #4938
S.Explorer
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rollie
Quote:
I thought about this because a friend who owns a service center said that almost all the watches that came to him for authenticity assessment or inspection when purchased by third parties turned out to be dry (and completely new!). He also said that after lubrication, the problems disappeared (it's unknown for how long, as he only knows the fate of a few watches whose owners constantly come to him). In any case, for some users, everything was fine after lubrication. I only considered an inspection to avoid wear on the mechanism in the future. Isn't lubrication a panacea?
Others have mentioned lack of / migrated lubrication as a potential issue, but I'm not sure if a permanent fix is simply to re-lube in that case.
S.Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:33 AM   #4939
saxo3
"TRF" Member

32xx movement problem poll and data thread

Quote:
No. Yes. Get one (timegrapher) or use the WatchTracker smartphone app for tracking.
Watch resting position (overnight) enables to compensate daily gain or loss.
+1 s/d is probably easy to compensate by choosing the adequate rest position (likely a vertical position: 3U, 6U, 9U).
Quote:
I think I'll observe them for about a month, and then I'll take them to a watchmaker for a check-up on a professional device and ask to have the watch opened. Also, a friend who works in a service center in another country said that three watches with the 32xx movement had lubrication issues (a customer was choosing from three new watches from 2024 in his service center, and the technician opened the case back and said that all three had no lubrication).
Good. Do NOT do that!

"Any work carried out by third parties will render the guarantee null and void."

Where did you buy the watch? New form an AD?

Source: https://www.rolex.com/watch-care-and-service/faq
Old Today, 06:28 AM   #4940
maratka
"TRF" Member

Quote:
No. Yes. Get one (timegrapher) or use the WatchTracker smartphone app for tracking.
Watch resting position (overnight) enables to compensate daily gain or loss.
+1 s/d is probably easy to compensate by choosing the adequate rest position (likely a vertical position: 3U, 6U, 9U).

Good. Do NOT do that!

"Any work carried out by third parties will render the guarantee null and void."

Where did you buy the watch? New form an AD?

Source: https://www.rolex.com/watch-care-and-service/faq
No, it will be the official service center at the store where I bought the watch.
Old Today, 06:40 AM   #4941
saxo3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
No, it will be the official service center at the store where I bought the watch.
Thanks. How old is the watch? You are the first owner? You have the original Rolex guarantee card?
Old Today, 07:03 AM   #4942
maratka
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks. How old is the watch? You are the first owner? You have the original Rolex guarantee card?
Yes, I bought them from an authorized dealer a week ago. These are new watches.
Old Today, 07:08 AM   #4943
saxo3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yes, I bought them from an authorized dealer a week ago. These are new watches.
Try different rest positions overnight.
Good luck!
Old Today, 07:17 AM   #4944
maratka
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Try different rest positions overnight.
Good luck!
I'm more interested in ensuring that the mechanism is in good condition and not wearing out (lubrication, parts, etc.), rather than just correcting this inaccuracy. Honestly, I don't want to deal with such positioning. But the most important thing for me is that the mechanism is in good condition. My friend really scared me.
Old Today, 07:36 AM   #4945
saxo3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I'm more interested in ensuring that the mechanism is in good condition and not wearing out (lubrication, parts, etc.), rather than just correcting this inaccuracy. Honestly, I don't want to deal with such positioning. But the most important thing for me is that the mechanism is in good condition. My friend really scared me.
The easiest control is a measurement with a timegrapher, in 5 positions, after full winding, and 24 hours later.
Old Today, 07:48 AM   #4946
maratka
"TRF" Member

Quote:
The easiest control is a measurement with a timegrapher, in 5 positions, after full winding, and 24 hours later.
Wouldn't it be easier to just open the case back and check if there is lubrication? I think accuracy reflects the condition of the mechanism and lubrication, but not always.

I have a question - if the watch consistently gains +1 second when the dial is facing up (resulting in +1 minute at the end of the month), is it safe to assume there's nothing wrong with the mechanism?
Old Today, 09:58 AM   #4947
Easy E
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Quote:
Wouldn't it be easier to just open the case back and check if there is lubrication? I think accuracy reflects the condition of the mechanism and lubrication, but not always.

I have a question - if the watch consistently gains +1 second when the dial is facing up (resulting in +1 minute at the end of the month), is it safe to assume there's nothing wrong with the mechanism?
Probably, but without data from a 5 position test you can’t say as an absolute. With +1 I’d bet your fine, but that just a guess. As advertised, leave it crown up overnight or for a day and see what that does. Or, take to the AD and get them to run the 5 position test. Which is what I would do. Keep those numbers and now you have a baseline to compare the watch performance against in a year…or whatever interval suits your tolerance.
Easy E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:02 AM   #4948
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Maybe easy but incorrect if the watch is under warranty. And lube alone is not an indicator of any root cause of a movement's accuracy problem.

Quote:

+1sec. is fine performance.
No worries in such a movement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote