PDA

View Full Version : Everose Gold

Iceman
8 May 2007, 01:10 AM
Hi all,

Would like to hear your comments on Rolex's Everose Gold. Especially in the area of value retention in the resale market.

Cheers!

padi56
8 May 2007, 01:38 AM
Not sure what you mean by Rolex's Everose Gold expect its Rolex speak,now rose gold pink gold.And most other precious metal watches,do not normally hold there value as good as in proportion to the S.Steel models.Except some very limited editions from the various manufactures but most of these type of watches go into private collections.

Mr. K
8 May 2007, 02:01 AM
Rose, pink, I was yold Rolex calls it red gold.

I have been looking into buying one, I would think they hold their value just like any other gold or TT Rolex. Not great, but okay.

From my experience, if you buy one, you really need to get a discount on the front end or you will take a big hit when/if you sell.

watchnut
8 May 2007, 02:11 AM
I read recently that Pink gold has a tendency to fade over time. Rolex alloyed theirs with a bit over 2 per cent platinum which supposedly locks in the color. They call it Everose gold. It's still 18 K.:cheers:

padi56
8 May 2007, 03:05 AM
I read recently that Pink gold has a tendency to fade over time. Rolex alloyed theirs with a bit over 2 per cent platinum which supposedly locks in the color. They call it Everose gold. It's still 18 K.:cheers:

Well dont know about that but wife has her great grandmothers locket. Pink, red, or Everose gold, whatever you want to call it and thats not faded.

JJ Irani
8 May 2007, 05:00 AM
Hi all,

Would like to hear your comments on Rolex's Everose Gold. Especially in the area of value retention in the resale market.

Cheers!

Hi and welcome to TRF.

Everose gold is another name for Pink Gold. It has a very high Platinum content to maintain the pink colour virtually forever.

If you visit the Rolex website at www.rolex.com you will find a superb pictorial explanation on how this Everose gold is manufactured.

JJ

ashu2289
8 May 2007, 08:53 AM
Rose, pink, I was yold Rolex calls it red gold.

I have been looking into buying one, I would think they hold their value just like any other gold or TT Rolex. Not great, but okay.

From my experience, if you buy one, you really need to get a discount on the front end or you will take a big hit when/if you sell.

I agree:agree: :agree: :agree: :agree:
You get good discounts but not that good that they can compensate for its resale value.:thumbsdow :thumbsdow
You really get big hit if you sell them when you have purchased them new.:thumbsdow :thumbsdow :bye: :bye: :bye:

ashu2289
8 May 2007, 08:53 AM

Yuppy.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

JJ Irani
8 May 2007, 08:54 AM

Right on....superb pictorial video on their website.:thumbsup:

JJ

Iceman
8 May 2007, 01:43 PM
Thank you all for the feedback.

I've checked out the video and have no reservations about the quality of the product.

The comments about "taking a big hit when selling in the resale market" is a fact that we all have to live with. :thumbsdow

But I am really curios if the value of a DJ (Everose gold) in the resale market is comparable to that of a DJ (Yellow gold) assuming that the dial config is similiar?

Also, a AD that I had visited over the weekend told me that the Everose DJs were only launched last year (2006). Is it true?

Cheers!

Mr. K
8 May 2007, 03:19 PM
I would think that rose/red gold would be similar to yellow gold for re-sale. Maybe a tad bit higher as it is a little more rare. But you need to still find the right buyer.

I thought red gold has been out for awhile, but I could be wrong.

John Ireland
8 May 2007, 04:17 PM
at Pateks and VC selling for 40% off new on the gray market...Rolex as well. If you want to know what a watch is worth, call up a store and say you've got one (pick the model you are interested in) for sale...that it's barely six weeks old but that you want to sell or trade it. See what they offer you. Of course they have to mark it up to make some money. But if PP and other high end names are selling for 40% off, and the seller is making a profit, that must put the value at somewhere around 60% under retail...now say that out loud...a PP with open papers, all the brand new goodies...never owned, maybe sat in a dealers for a couple of years...only worth 60% of retail new price. And that can be said for all "new" watches.

That is why the vintage market is so strong. The watches have already lost all their "new price" fluff...now they are being valued by collectors. And even in the vintage market there has to be room for a dealer to buy and sell and make a profit.

Bottom line...a watch is not an investment, its just something you like to wear.

----
8 May 2007, 10:09 PM
I would think that rose/red gold would be similar to yellow gold for re-sale. Maybe a tad bit higher as it is a little more rare. But you need to still find the right buyer.

I thought red gold has been out for awhile, but I could be wrong.

Rose gold is actually back in favour (according to a friend I have who is a goldsmith). It seems to be an alternative to white gold for the younger crowd who favour only white metals, and who don't want to wear yellow gold.

Iceman
9 May 2007, 12:52 PM
That is why the vintage market is so strong. The watches have already lost all their "new price" fluff...now they are being valued by collectors. And even in the vintage market there has to be room for a dealer to buy and sell and make a profit.

The price of being the 1st owner...:banghead: That's also why I'm contemplating picking up a pre-owned one.

Bottom line...a watch is not an investment, its just something you like to wear.

Well said! Nevertheless, I try to purchase wisely as a Rollie is quite a chunk of change.

Cheers!

mikey
9 May 2007, 01:58 PM
John, I agree with some of what you said, but a fellow member said he purchased a Sub for $950 in 1985. You go to ebay and that Sub is selling for $2500+. A Rolex is an investment better than any stock or bond in the real world. Where else besides real estate can you spend a chunk and get the same chunk or a slight profit after you have enjoyed the watch? Rolex is the best investment now and beyond my childrens lifetime ( no kids yet).

Iceman
22 May 2007, 10:49 PM
Hi all,

Thanks for all the invaluable inputs... Here's the decision after all your contributions.

Cheers!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v629/Iceman27/Rolex_DJ_L_179171_001.jpg

watchnut
22 May 2007, 11:48 PM
Hi all,

Thanks for all the invaluable inputs... Here's the decision after all your contributions.

Cheers!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v629/Iceman27/Rolex_DJ_L_179171_001.jpg That is one beautiful watch! The crown looks a lot larger than the one on my new DJ. Could there be a difference?:cheers:

Flyjet601
23 May 2007, 12:27 AM
Welcome to TRF

Great choice. And the pink gold is very nice to see.

I bought my wife a 178271 with MOP dial. She loves it and it is a stunner. :thumbsup:

Enjoy the forum....

:cheers:

ohlins
23 May 2007, 01:45 AM
That is one beautiful watch! The crown looks a lot larger than the one on my new DJ. Could there be a difference?:cheers:

the crown looks big cos this watch is not the 36mm dj.....

JJ Irani
23 May 2007, 04:25 AM
Hi all,

Cheers!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v629/Iceman27/Rolex_DJ_L_179171_001.jpg

What a beauty!! :thumbsup: