PDA

View Full Version : Chinese GP (spoiler alert)

Rsvrider
16 April 2012, 05:15 AM
Congrats AMG for F1 win:
First, second and third; all powered by AMG engines at the Cinese GP. First place Mercedes Benz. To be honest my heart sank a bit for Scummacher, he could have placed 2nd for sure. Congrats to Niko.
Anyone else excited about this yr F1?

TSW
16 April 2012, 05:19 AM
Congrats AMG for F1 win:
First, second and third; all powered by AMG engines at the Cinese GP. First place Mercedes Benz. To be honest my heart sank a bit for Scummacher, he could have placed 2nd for sure. Congrats to Niko.
Anyone else excited about this yr F1?

I sure am exited about this season, So far it's being a lot of great driving and improvements on teams cars:thumbsup:

joeychitwood
16 April 2012, 05:55 AM
I just read that Schumacher's team may be fined for letting him leave the pits with a loose wheel nut.

Rsvrider
16 April 2012, 07:10 AM
I just read that Schumacher's team may be fined for letting him leave the pits with a loose wheel nut.

It was sad to see, you could clearly see the spotter banging his hands after the car took off. I don't see it as something that cn be fined, it was a racing incident plus Michael was responsible enough to pullover nd not try to make it back to the pits. No accident no damage no fine I say.

joeychitwood
16 April 2012, 08:18 AM
It was sad to see, you could clearly see the spotter banging his hands after the car took off. I don't see it as something that cn be fined, it was a racing incident plus Michael was responsible enough to pullover nd not try to make it back to the pits. No accident no damage no fine I say.I agree. It was a racing mistake, not an intentional act like a block or putting someone into the gravel trap.

drockadam
16 April 2012, 10:24 AM
Didn't get to watch the race! It's been a busy weekend! Congrats to AMG Mercedes! Vodafone McLaren Mercedes is on podium again! Glad to see they are doing well!

Richardquattro
16 April 2012, 05:18 PM
Most exciting GP in a while,excellent stuff.

MoBe
16 April 2012, 06:01 PM
`most interesting F1 event in years. :thumbsup:

Dr. Robert
16 April 2012, 06:03 PM
`most interesting F1 event in years. :thumbsup:

X2:thumbsup:

rodrob59
17 April 2012, 11:32 AM
Just got finished watching the race as I was away this weekend. A great race and a great season. I can't believe the difference in the Mercedes over the first two races. If it can keep the pace they may well run away with the title.

Rsvrider
17 April 2012, 11:38 AM
Just got finished watching the race as I was away this weekend. A great race and a great season. I can't believe the difference in the Mercedes over the first two races. If it can keep the pace they may well run away with the title.

Seems to me that way too. As long as the FIA allows the DRS system to stay in place they are golden. Ross Brawn is a genius. Remember his team and the diffuser? No one could stop J Button. And now the team is complete: Shummy + Brawn. yes, I know Shummy is old but his knowledge nd willingness to work with the team cannot be overlooked. This season is going to be great for sure!

jdc
17 April 2012, 06:35 PM
Good result by Mercedes, but none of the races have been held in heat which means that the McLarens have not shown their true pace. The Red Bulls seemed to have improved a lot. Its going to be a tight season.

dba
19 April 2012, 03:30 AM
Fantastic race. It was too bad about Schumi. If Mercedes keep the race pace, he'll be sniffing around the top step of the podium for sure. What I found simply amazing was how far back Kimi Raikkonen fell when his tires went off. 12 places in two laps!?! Shows how important the grip really is.

Hopefully nothing crazy happens in Bahrain.