PDA

View Full Version : Question about rolex spoons

frostie
16 December 2007, 02:55 AM
I found some rolex spoons at a small shop here in greece. Is there a possibility that these spoons migh be fake? The shop looks ok but i don't know anything about the rolex spoons. I remember that one fellow member here was selling rolex spoons few months ago.

gtbike72
16 December 2007, 02:59 AM
i have about 3 old spoons for sale i ont want any more

equinox
16 December 2007, 03:04 AM
Not sure about spoons but would like some Rolex white service gloves if anyone has any.

Equinox

Prince
16 December 2007, 04:00 AM
Are these what you are talking about?

These are mine:

http://idisk.mac.com/reichea/Public/spoons5.jpg

frostie
16 December 2007, 04:03 AM
Are these what you are talking about?

These are mine:

http://idisk.mac.com/reichea/Public/spoons5.jpg

Yes they look the same

Jocke
16 December 2007, 04:15 AM
I believe they all are fakes, it´s Butcherer that made them.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::justkiddi

I will say there is no fakes out there, that spoons aren´t that
expensive. I believe I have one somewhere too.

Jocke

Prince
16 December 2007, 04:15 AM
Yes they look the same

They were given away to people who bought Rolex watches at Bucherer of Lucerne, Switzerland, and in their other shops.

Bucherer was founded in 1888 and are the largest watch retailers in Switzerland. For many years, they were the largest retailer of Rolex watches in the world. You can still find Rolex spoons by Bucherer offered for sale on eBay, which is where I bought mine. :cheers: :cheers:

Welshwatchman
16 December 2007, 04:17 AM
They were given away to people who bought Rolex watches at Bucherer of Lucerne, Switzerland, and their other shops.

Bucherer was founded in 1888 and are the largest watch retailers in Switzerland. For many years, they were the largest retailer of Rolex watches in the world. You can still find Rolex spoons by Bucherer offered for sale on eBay, which is where I bought mine. :cheers: :cheers:

Presumably Rolex have an arrangement with Bucherer to use the Rolex logo on the spoons.

This would make them "official merchandise" in that case.

Prince
16 December 2007, 04:19 AM
I believe thay all are fakes, it´s Butcherer that made them.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::justkiddi

I will say there is no fakes out there, that spoons aren´t that
expensive. I believe I have one somewhere too.

Jocke

They are not fakes, Jocke. They were GIVEN away when someone bought a Rolex watch from Bucherer. They are not expensive because they were originally given away.

frostie
16 December 2007, 04:21 AM
Ok then i will go and buy them

Prince
16 December 2007, 04:22 AM
Presumably Rolex have an arrangement with Bucherer to use the Rolex logo on the spoons.

This would make them "official merchandise" in that case.

I guess you could say that, since they did have an agreement with Rolex to use the crown logo. I love mine. They are silver-plated, and look great. They came in the original packaging. :thumbsup:

Jocke
16 December 2007, 04:22 AM
They are not fakes, Jocke. They were GIVEN away when someone bought a Rolex watch from Bucherer. They are not expensive because they were originally given away.

I know my friend, but they arenīt Rolex either. Itīs genuine fakes.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Jocke

Prince
16 December 2007, 04:24 AM
...Itīs genuine fakes...

Genuine fakes! LOL :lol: :lol: :chuckle:

f16570
16 December 2007, 04:28 AM
Rolex Spoons.
I had to look immediaetly as I thought this was a position you assumed when making love to someone else wearing a Rolex:chuckle:
:cheers:
f

frostie
16 December 2007, 04:31 AM
Rolex Spoons.
I had to look immediaetly as I thought this was a position you assumed when making love to someone else wearing a Rolex:chuckle:
f

:chuckle:

Prince
16 December 2007, 04:38 AM
The spoons were NOT made by Rolex - they were produced by Bucherer, with approval by Rolex to imprint the Rolex name and the crown logo. They were a promotional gift to people buying Rolex watches in their stores, and nothing else.

They are not collector items, but they are nice to have. That is the extent of the spoon situation. Buy one for a few dollars if it appeals to you. I did - they took my fancy.

Remember, a fake is something that is attempting to pass itself off as something that it is not. Bucherer never claimed that these spoons were a Rolex product, and most of the eBay auctions I have seen do not, either. Enjoy!!! :smokin:

SPACE-DWELLER
16 December 2007, 05:19 AM
Yes, occasionally Bucherer gives those spoons as a token when you buy a Rolex watch.

I have one of them, kindly given to me by Bucherer in Berlin.

The spoons also come in sets of six, I believe.

Here is a little more about them:

Spoons! CLICK! (http://www.oysterinfo.de/de/zubehoer/loeffel/index.php)

(translate version: Click! (http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.oysterinfo.de%2Fde%2F zubehoer%2Floeffel%2Findex.php&langpair=de%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF8) )

frostie
16 December 2007, 05:23 AM
thanks for the info Bo

equinox
16 December 2007, 08:25 AM
Thats spoons sorted then Now these gloves.............I need some fake !! or genuine ;)

Where can i get them

Equinox

SPACE-DWELLER
16 December 2007, 08:30 AM
Thats spoons sorted then Now these gloves.............I need some fake !! or genuine ;)

Where can i get them

Equinox

They turn up on eBay on an occasional basis.

Best of luck finding one!

BTW: Single, original (older) ones come in a cardboard box, yellowish in colour (cannot recollect what motive is on the box, though, but I think it was some Swiss landscape).

SPACE-DWELLER
16 December 2007, 08:33 AM
Well, almost remembered it correctly:

Rolex spoon in box! CLICK! (http://sg.auctions.yahoo.com/sg/i:AUTHENTIC%20ROLEX%20SPOON%20FROM%20BUCHERER%20SW ITZERLAND:236494749)

Prince
16 December 2007, 09:50 AM
Thats spoons sorted then...

LOL - I certainly hope so! :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :chuckle: