PDA

View Full Version : Original or fake ?

shaklebolt
31 March 2008, 07:54 PM
all points towards fake,, but I still feel it could be original ?
u guys tell

Written in front:
rolex
oyster perpetual
superlative chronometer
officially certified
cosmograph

Swiss made

Written on back:
WINNER 24
ROLEX
AD DAYTONA 1992

Written on stap on the side:

Strap corner:
R

STRAP BACK:
Geneve
Swiss Made

dopeymuppet
31 March 2008, 08:02 PM
Written on back:
WINNER 24
ROLEX
AD DAYTONA 1992

I have seen several fakes with this written on the back......Rolex generally don't engrave on the casebacks (with the exception of the Sea Dweller) so unless someone has randomly put that on post purchase (unlikely), I would say it was a fake.

Wait and see what the others have to say about it first though!

Hope that helps!

Chris

Jedi
31 March 2008, 08:08 PM
I've seen fakes with Winner 24 on the back before on more than one occassion.

padi56
31 March 2008, 08:10 PM
Quite simple its a fake,and most probably made in that well known horological town of wongtyme China.

shaklebolt
31 March 2008, 08:20 PM
dunno guys
everybody says its fake but i think its original.
Is it possible that there is a rolex with that printed on the back and nothing written between the six o clock lugs ?

Just asking.. seems stupid though. I paid $6000 for this one.

2careless
31 March 2008, 08:20 PM
No. According to the Antiquorum 17/Apr/2008 Rolex sports watches auction catalog, for lot 264, it shows a black dial Daytona with a case back engraved "Winner Rolex 24" and some other very small print that I can't read... The explanation stated: "Since 1991, Rolex became the title sponsor at the famous race becoming known as the Rolex 24 at Daytona. To mark this event, every winning driver of each class gets a Rolex stainless steel Daytona as a reward that bears a dedication caseback. This particular watch was won at the 1996 race in the GT category in a Porsche 996".

P.S. I'll need to dig into the forum archives to find a download link for the catalog...

shaklebolt
31 March 2008, 08:23 PM
you mean it is a fake or it is real ?

also, is there a link where i could read about this ?

Jedi
31 March 2008, 08:25 PM
Post some pics of the watch my good shaklebolt... all aspects of it, dial, back, bracelet, bracelet removed...

2careless
31 March 2008, 08:27 PM
It could be real. I don't think Antiquorum will auction fakes! That lot was quoted as $30k USD... still searching... hold on.

Here you are:
http://www.pagegangster.com/shop/pub...ns/view/19913/

Scroll to page 466/ lot 264. Good luck and have fun...
Will I get any commission if you make a lot of money out of it? :dummy::dummy::dummy::bartmoon:

Ops ops. the page not found... they pulled it!
meh, I'll try upload just those 2 pages then. the catalog is like 100MByte in total...

dopeymuppet
31 March 2008, 08:32 PM
The catalogue is here:

http://www.antiquorum-japan.com/rolex/catalog.html

I would say though that they expect 30-40,000 USD for this one due to it's limited edition nature. If you got one for 6,000, you're either very lucky or it's not genuine.

Chris

dopeymuppet
31 March 2008, 08:35 PM
Sorry for all of the posts but I would also say again that almost every fake daytona I've seen had that engraved on the caseback. I didn't realise it was at one point a genuine Rolex feature, albeit limited edition.

Chris

shaklebolt
31 March 2008, 08:35 PM
Photos

shaklebolt
31 March 2008, 08:40 PM
Thanks everybody for helping. Maybe the photographs will help ?

shaklebolt
31 March 2008, 08:43 PM
2careless.
Well, you have earned some commission. I'll surely send over some spoils if it comes out good!

My promise.

2careless
31 March 2008, 08:43 PM
That looks like fake. The catalog said that the winner gets a SS Daytona. This one is not. Also, this sample looks like the links are gold plated. Next, the sample here has "SWISS MADE". I think it should instead print "T SWISS MADE T" for that era.
Last, the "Winner" on the caseback is very different to the "Winner" of the genuine item at the auction.

Argh, sorry, looks like not my lucky day :(

P.S. Just saw your mentioning nothing at the 6 o'clock lug - either the number is being filed off, or it's a fake. Both are not good.

dopeymuppet
31 March 2008, 08:44 PM
There's something not right about the crown-guards or the strap at the back...

shaklebolt
31 March 2008, 08:50 PM
so its a fake after all ?

dopeymuppet
31 March 2008, 08:51 PM
I would say so, yes. Sorry :(

dopeymuppet
31 March 2008, 08:52 PM
But of course, check it out at an AD to be sure!

el-piloto
31 March 2008, 08:55 PM
Ouch, ouch, oooouch!!!!

I'm sorry to say, but the pic you posted clearly show it for what it is:
a fake, like everybody else said here!
(Not that there was much doubt before, but your pictures are the unfortunate
proof...)
I can only hope that you didn't mean it when you wrote that you put $ 6K out
of your pocket for it...
Or at least, if you did... hurry & try to get back your funds.

Sorry for the bad news...

---

Addition: Not to mention the "AD" in the wording...
It should read "Winner Rolex 24 AT Daytona..."... the AD in the engraving of
the case-back is... umm... rather... hilarious, I'm afraid.

Plus the fact that - if truly one of the very few original Ds that were
actually presented to the drivers - it should be in SS!

Follow the link posted above by "dopeymuppet" and go to page 466 as he
suggested. There you'll see what the original looks like...

Sorry for the bad news again... :-(

shaklebolt
1 April 2008, 06:02 AM
I did spend $6000 on it !
I'll go to a AD to check it out.

shaklebolt
1 April 2008, 10:43 AM
It doesn't have any numbers written between both the 6 o clock and 12 o clock lugs.

My whole college depends on this watch's price guys.. help me out!

cocopeep
1 April 2008, 11:01 AM
just curious, where did you buy the watch from?

shaklebolt
1 April 2008, 11:05 AM
A graduating friend. I thought he won't, but it looks like he bumped me. And now I don't have money to pay for college!

Scarface
1 April 2008, 11:06 AM
My whole college depends on this watch's price guys..

What do you mean by this statement :thinking: ????

shaklebolt
1 April 2008, 11:09 AM
I lost money. I have to pay for college from this watch. And it is a FAKE!
damned my life.

Scarface
1 April 2008, 11:09 AM
A graduating friend. And now I don't have money to pay for college!

Now that 's a real friend ... I 'd get him in a dark corner and ... make him an offer (to buy it back) that he can't refuse :comeandge

shaklebolt
1 April 2008, 11:14 AM
Hope I FIND him so that I can KILL HIM. He needed money urgently, had to buy something for his gf who was also graduating. Gave me this shit for keepsake for 6K. Had'nt heard from him in 6 months and now I need the money... and it turns out to be fake.

ROGERB
1 April 2008, 12:00 PM
I'm afraid the visual evidence is overwhelming...you got took my friend... I'm very sorry to tell you.
R

stevemulholland3
1 April 2008, 12:40 PM
wow its a bad fake at that.you had better demand your money back for that.

Andad
1 April 2008, 12:47 PM
I know it's easy to be smart with 20:20 hindsight but if I was going to part with $$$'s that were so important I would have checked it at the AD before I paid for it.

donking2525
13 July 2008, 04:15 AM
hi i also have this watch im going to publish some pictures for you guys to see it even doe y went to a jewerly store and they told me the watcht was ok i have that winner at daytona 1992 24 at the back mine is a size ss

donking2525
13 July 2008, 04:17 AM
im new at the what does AD menas were can i take this watch teo se if its the real thing

Terry Newton
13 July 2008, 08:04 AM
im new at the what does AD menas were can i take this watch teo se if its the real thing

It means to take the watch to an authorized dealer so they can pop the back off of the watch and see the movement inside as that is the best way to determine if you have a genuine Rolex watch. Good-luck my friend and welcome to TRF.

Terry Newton

Operator
13 July 2008, 08:31 AM
Buyer beware

surajgoa
23 April 2009, 09:23 PM
Hi Friends,

I came across a similar Daytona.. Look at the pics and let me know if its real ot fake.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/iggTqX91JWH4joxZOVZrGA?feat=directlink

Terry Newton
23 April 2009, 09:55 PM
It's junk. If you read the back it says; "Ad Daytona." They could not get the spelling correct where it should have read "At Daytona".

This is absolutely a fake.

Terry Newton

idk01
23 April 2009, 09:57 PM
Its a famous 'Winner" fakeroo :thumbsdow:

springer
23 April 2009, 11:02 PM
The "Rolex Daytona" pictured in this thread is 100% counterfeit. The reason counterfeiters get away with selling so many of these fakes is evidenced by the responses here.

Imtiaz
24 April 2009, 12:29 AM
Guys, in my Rolex book, this watch is quoted as being one of the very rare Rolexes. Only a few were thus engraved. Perhaps 4 or 5 only.

Each winner of the race was given one.

So if its a real one, you now own a Rolex that is more valuable than a Comex SD.

But if you check the $100 Daytona fakes from Hongkong, nearly every one of them has the Daytona wording on the back.

The real ones (I have a photo in my book but I am currently on holiday in Aust) were engraved. The fakes were etched.

The difference is that the engraved will be a deep grove with slightly rough finish in the groves where the engraving tip leaves swirl marks.

With the etched version the depth will be virtually zero and the swirl marks missing.

rkot07
24 April 2009, 12:35 AM
Any outcome what did the Rolex AD say?

goduke1
24 April 2009, 02:23 AM
IF he took it to a AD, would they not confiscate it? If he has any chance of getting his money back, he might need the watch to return.

Terry Newton
24 April 2009, 12:36 PM
This was a hijacked post. The original poster disappeared from this forum long time ago and has not been heard from since. This was a sad tale. The post was resurrected today by another person asking if the watch they had, that was like the watch from the original poster, was a real Rolex. It is not and, is the same kind of fake the original poster had. It is a shame these are all over the place and make people believe they have something valuable. The "AD," instead of; "AT," is a dead give-away.

Folks, don't fall for these scams but, if you do, it's job security for all of us. We all are employed full-time by TRF to spot scams. My salary was recently enhance with a bonus and a bail-out.

Thanks Steve.

Salary - Nothing From Nothing Still Equals = NOTHING! :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

Terry Newton

coddger
24 April 2009, 12:41 PM
Help, My eyes Hurt!:banghead::dummy::thumbsdow

willard
28 April 2009, 03:02 AM
Shouldn't you be able to tell a fake by what is or isn't INSIDE the case too?

What should I look for in my SS 1992 Daytona Winner watch?

Thanks.

idk01
28 April 2009, 03:14 AM
Hi Willard,

Welcome to the forum.

On the back of the Daytona you should see engraved something like "Winner 24" then under that "AT DAYTONA 19XX", If by chance the engraving is "AD DAYTONA 19XX" then is is a fake. the best way is to take a couple of pictures and let the guys have a look.

Cheers,

Dave.

goduke1
28 April 2009, 04:56 AM
This was a hijacked post. The original poster disappeared from this forum long time ago and has not been heard from since. This was a sad tale. The post was resurrected today by another person asking if the watch they had, that was like the watch from the original poster, was a real Rolex. It is not and, is the same kind of fake the original poster had. It is a shame these are all over the place and make people believe they have something valuable. The "AD," instead of; "AT," is a dead give-away.

Folks, don't fall for these scams but, if you do, it's job security for all of us. We all are employed full-time by TRF to spot scams. My salary was recently enhance with a bonus and a bail-out.

Thanks Steve.

Salary - Nothing From Nothing Still Equals = NOTHING! :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

Terry Newton

Wow I didn't even catch the post was a year old. Thanks!

SDDS
28 April 2009, 05:11 AM
big time fake...

polo
28 April 2009, 10:45 AM
That is definatley a fake . I have the SS daytona and i'm sorry see if you can get your money back

SkyKing
29 April 2009, 02:39 PM
all points towards fake,, but I still feel it could be original ?
u guys tell

Written in front:
rolex
oyster perpetual
superlative chronometer
officially certified
cosmograph

Swiss made

Written on back:
WINNER 24
ROLEX
AD DAYTONA 1992

Written on stap on the side:

Strap corner:
R

STRAP BACK:
Geneve
Swiss Made

Hmm, my fake Daytona has the same S/N on the band...
I guess now you know.

sandollars
5 May 2009, 12:59 PM
The "Rolex Daytona" pictured in this thread is 100% counterfeit. The reason counterfeiters get away with selling so many of these fakes is evidenced by the responses here.

Ouch! FUNNY, but ouch. :agree:

xxcrackxx
7 May 2009, 06:44 AM
Hey Guys I Know this thread is old but i have a rolex watch it is leather and on the front it is written rolex oyster perpetual superlative chronometer officially certified cosmograph
Daytona
T SWISS MADE T
and on the back Winner Rolex 24 AD Daytona 1992

diablojota
7 May 2009, 06:46 AM
Hey Guys I Know this thread is old but i have a rolex watch it is leather and on the front it is written rolex oyster perpetual superlative chronometer officially certified cosmograph
Daytona
T SWISS MADE T
and on the back Winner Rolex 24 AD Daytona 1992

I hope you're actually kidding. But, that said if you're not, you've got yourself a 100% Genuine Fake that should be thrown into the bin.

xxcrackxx
7 May 2009, 06:53 AM
Why Fake?

xxcrackxx
7 May 2009, 07:01 AM
I hope you're actually kidding. But, that said if you're not, you've got yourself a 100% Genuine Fake that should be thrown into the bin.

Why r yo saying its fake?

diablojota
7 May 2009, 07:03 AM
Why Fake?

Sigh. I guess you were serious. It has a misspelling on the case engraving. It is supposed to be AT not AD. Besides, the actual engraved Daytona watches given out at Daytona are very very rare, and it's highly unlikely that everybody and their brother actually has this watch. And there have been at least 50 of them on eBay this week alone (I'm exaggerating).

xxcrackxx
7 May 2009, 07:20 AM
Sigh. I guess you were serious. It has a misspelling on the case engraving. It is supposed to be AT not AD. Besides, the actual engraved Daytona watches given out at Daytona are very very rare, and it's highly unlikely that everybody and their brother actually has this watch. And there have been at least 50 of them on eBay this week alone (I'm exaggerating).
i dont know but i found on alot of sites AD https://www.lelong.com.my/Auc/Archive/2008-07AStd16429628.htm and in this site it says that this daytona is original and it is AD DAYTONA So??

xxcrackxx
7 May 2009, 07:27 AM
i checked alot of sites and it says AD is original and i cant find any site says AT ? can u help me?

diablojota
7 May 2009, 07:44 AM
i checked alot of sites and it says AD is original and i cant find any site says AT ? can u help me?

Check this site: http://www.qualitytyme.net/pages/rolex_or_replica.html

But that said, what does AD mean? It's supposed to say Winner AT Daytona, not AD Daytona. That's just a chinese fake. But that said, there should be no engravings on the caseback regardless of the watch. It's a cheap fake.

onkyo
7 May 2009, 07:45 AM

Buddy, 1st welcome to this forum. :thumbsup:

2nd, please post some pics and we can confirm that your watch is not real. I hope you did not pay a lot for your piece.

:cheers:

idk01
7 May 2009, 10:18 AM

2nd, please post some pics and we can confirm that your watch is not real. I hope you did not pay a lot for your piece.

X2, Pics, pics, pics, and a photo too :thumbsup:

springer
7 May 2009, 10:45 AM
Why r yo saying its fake?

I'm sure that you read all the responses to you. What's your point? What don't you understand or are you just trying to see how many members you can bait here?

diablojota
7 May 2009, 11:22 AM
I'm sure that you read all the responses to you. What's your point? What don't you understand or are you just trying to see how many members you can bait here?

x2. My thoughts exactly. Obviously based on the description alone it's a fake. Don't even need pictures. And if the guy would just RTFT, then he would also come to the same conclusion as there is plenty of rock-solid information as to why it is a fake in the thread.

HoustonRider
7 May 2009, 11:22 AM
when words are MIS-spelled on the back of a Rolex, its gonna be FAKE.... get a grip dude.

AD = mis=spelled the word AT (also know as "@").

I'll use it in a few sentences.

I was AT a flea market and bought a FAKE Rolex Daytona with the word AT mis-spelled on the back of the watch. I went to the fleamarket AT the corner of main and 54th street and got my money back. On the way back I stopped AT the corner store and bought a 40 oz Schlitz Malt Liquor and took it to my girlfriends house. She wasn't there. She left a note. The note read " went to the fleamarket, I'll be back AT 5 pm."

Lesson to learn: When you drop $6k, get a second opinion FIRST. The AD (not to be confused with AT) should be able to validate the watch AT a reasonable price. Otherwise, you may be going to the University of Texas AT Arlington.

armani
7 May 2009, 12:55 PM
Hello Diablojota,

My name is armani, i'm new to the forum.

I have a question, In the website you provided it also says that some special edition daytona winner whatevers has the words Rolex Oyster original gas escape valve and are real. mine has that, as well as the AD i know you have stated that the AD is fake apparently but its very confusing as others have posted that it isnt, and others that it is. I just wanna know if its real or not, don't wanna take it to AD and it be fake because it was a gift from my grandmother and she loves to see me have it on whenever I visit. definitely wouldnt wanna tell her it was a fake and it got confiscated because of copyright issues, or what not.

thanks for your help or anyone elses who might be able to help!

- Armani

diablojota
7 May 2009, 12:58 PM
Hello Diablojota,

My name is armani, i'm new to the forum.

I have a question, In the website you provided it also says that some special edition daytona winner whatevers has the words Rolex Oyster original gas escape valve and are real. mine has that, as well as the AD i know you have stated that the AD is fake apparently but its very confusing as others have posted that it isnt, and others that it is. I just wanna know if its real or not, don't wanna take it to AD and it be fake because it was a gift from my grandmother and she loves to see me have it on whenever I visit. definitely wouldnt wanna tell her it was a fake and it got confiscated because of copyright issues, or what not.

thanks for your help or anyone elses who might be able to help!

- Armani

It's a fake. The Daytona never came with a Gas Escape Valve (only the Sea Dweller lines come with those). Also the AD is a misspelling on the fakes. Sorry, but it's not real.

armani
7 May 2009, 01:05 PM
man, that's quite disappointing!
thank you anyways for the quick reply and your help!

diablojota
7 May 2009, 01:06 PM
man, that's quite disappointing!
thank you anyways for the quick reply and your help!

You're welcome. Hope you didn't pay too much for it. Sorry for the disappointing news.

armani
7 May 2009, 01:08 PM
Yeah, It was a gift from my grandmother I figured since she was rich it would have been real , its all good though!

thanks for your help!

xxcrackxx
7 May 2009, 07:15 PM

here are some pics :D

onkyo
7 May 2009, 11:52 PM
Sorry Alex but as everyone said, you have a low level Chinatown knock off....

They typically don't run for a long time.

If you still don't believe us I would recommend taking it to an authorized Rolex dealer to get it checked.

Lol-x
8 May 2009, 12:16 AM
Yes, I agree that is unfortunately a fake. :cheers:

Imtiaz
8 May 2009, 12:27 AM
here are some pics :D

Only 4 or 5 were ever made by Rolex with the WINNER DAYTONA engraving.

They were given to the winners of the Daytona race.

The ownership of everyone of these is documented by Rolex.

If you read my previous response to the same question by another TRF member, I have described the difference between ENGRAVING and ETCHING.

The problem is that these fakes are quite well put together and have the right feel and weight. Many people who are not familiar with the Rolex Daytona end up purchasing these fakes.

Actually this fake is solid, has the right sweep movement and so on. Quite well made.

They sell for about US$100 in HK, Thailand and so on. Literally millions are now in the wild.

Don't get caught buying one of these. Deal with a reputed Rolex dealer and not an individual unless he/she comes recommended on TRF.

Ebay is not a good place as there are more fake Rolexes there than in all of London.

Terry Newton
8 May 2009, 08:07 AM
CANUSAYFAKEANDBAKE!

GEEIKNEWYOUCOULD!

Terry Newton

Vernon
11 May 2009, 08:14 AM
Hi everyone! I have a Winner at Daytona 1991 24...yes AT not AD. My question is about being SS, my states it is 18k. I had that tested and its plated. Does anyone know if Rolex plates its watches? Or whether all the Daytona winners are SS or some might be
18k?

Thanks in advance!

onkyo
11 May 2009, 08:26 AM
Its not 18k.

Fake 18k to match the fake Daytona. But I think you know that.

Sorry Vernon. :bye:

Vernon
11 May 2009, 08:30 AM
Thanks for your comment. We didn't buy, I have no desire personally...it was found and it is possible if it *was real* to belong to a racer. So that's why I was curious, I am going to take it to an AD just in case, but yes I think it's fake...but, it is made pretty darn good just the same.

onkyo
11 May 2009, 08:32 AM
Thanks for your comment. We didn't buy, I have no desire personally...it was found and it is possible if it *was real* to belong to a racer. So that's why I was curious, I am going to take it to an AD just in case, but yes I think it's fake...but, it is made pretty darn good just the same.

Glad you did not pay for it.

Get it checked out to be sure. It will be what you expect it to be though. :bye:

Terry Newton
11 May 2009, 09:03 AM
Why do we have all of these people coming here asking the same question over and over again?

Hey there GUYS-------YEAH YOU!

IF IT SAYS; " WINNER AD DAYTONA" IT IS A FAKE.

GOT IT! GOOD! NOW LEAVE US ALONE AND GO BACK TO WATCHING "24" THIS SEASON. IT'S ABOUT LOCAL, HOME GROWN TERRORISTS.

Terry Newton

onkyo
11 May 2009, 09:11 AM
Why do we have all of these people coming here asking the same question over and over again?

Hey there GUYS-------YEAH YOU!

IF IT SAYS; " WINNER AD DAYTONA" IT IS A FAKE.

GOT IT! GOOD! NOW LEAVE US ALONE AND GO BACK TO WATCHING "24" THIS SEASON. IT'S ABOUT LOCAL, HOME GROWN TERRORISTS.

Terry Newton

Too bad we can't see user's IP's address (but they are visible to the mods I believe)

blaine mattison
11 May 2009, 10:24 AM
a for sure case of the horse and the watering hole------taken, but sure ain't drinkin'

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: :banghead::banghead:

scottschoe
11 May 2009, 10:29 AM
Lol just how many people have the same fake watch?

djhiram
11 May 2009, 10:34 AM
All those watches pictured are fakes...where to begin? The gold has the wrong yellow tone (if that makes sense?) The hands are all wrong on both examples, and to top it off; the infamous "Winner ad (AT!) Daytona 24." This sounds just like those replica SD's out there that say something like "Oridinal Gas Escape Valve" LOL.

Sorry guys...the watches are fake.

idk01
11 May 2009, 10:38 AM
Too bad we can't see user's IP's address (but they are visible to the mods I believe)

You would be 100% correctamundo there Pav!

joepa
28 August 2009, 11:20 PM
Onkyo,
do you have a Rolex 24 winner watch 1992, a friend of mine bought one from a guy that
found it in a bathroom in Pa June 20 ,2009, Heading to WGI Rolex race, the guy had a pusher motorhome with a Hummer on the back and since i have crewed for Erv Hoerr in 2002 and Joe Aquliantie
in 1998,1999, i no what loosing something like this is like.
And was going to call Mark Raffoff of Koni series, since i have helped ,raced ,crewed with Jim Seafuse, and im also a SCCA National Driver.

I was woundering if you might no the owner, Im just trying to get it back to him.
Thanks,
JT

zseriessub
29 August 2009, 02:29 AM
This beats all I ever seen:thinking:

Nicko
29 August 2009, 07:06 AM
Why are you guys even wasting time with these clowns? Come on, can't you spot their intentions a mile away? :banghead:

jeff hess
29 August 2009, 12:11 PM
somebody stop this thread.

goodness.

My word.

this is painful.

Jeff :sucks:

idk01
29 August 2009, 10:42 PM
somebody stop this thread.

Goodness.

My word.

This is painful.

Jeff :sucks:

x2,

Kill It!

lightenshade2003
9 September 2009, 10:14 PM
guys can u help me on this one.i got a rolex and its says winner 24 ad daytona 1992 at the back. the strap says 78488 rolex geneve swiss made 18k then 750 ,455b left and right and then to the front theres a rolex name inside surrounds it .is this a fake? if its fake its ok coz i just found this watch. hehe..

Maz25
10 September 2009, 07:40 PM
Guys can you help me out on this one. I have a two tone submariner, with a coin edge bezel and everything. Just about everything looks right on it, from the pictures I have seen. The only thing that makes me think it is not real, is that it says Invicta on the dial. Do you guys think it is a fake? :dummy: :chuckle:
I'm sorry, i couldn't resist. You guys are nice though for answering those people's questions. I just feel bad that they got ripped off. That is never a good feeling.

BBH
12 September 2009, 07:23 AM
and they let these people vote...and own guns !!!!!!

idk01
12 September 2009, 06:50 PM
Guys can you help me out on this one. I have a two tone submariner, with a coin edge bezel and everything. Just about everything looks right on it, from the pictures I have seen. The only thing that makes me think it is not real, is that it says Invicta on the dial. Do you guys think it is a fake? :dummy: :chuckle:
I'm sorry, i couldn't resist. You guys are nice though for answering those people's questions. I just feel bad that they got ripped off. That is never a good feeling.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Mine says Casio :chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

OneArmMan
12 September 2009, 11:53 PM
Greed is what drives this insanity. Even people such as myself who have only fleeting moments of lucidity would realize that a watch so special will rarely, if ever be offered for sale let alone on Ebay or off the wrist of some kid in college.
If I saw a watch that had an engraving saying that the watch was given to Winston Churchill from Josef Stalin I believe this would concern me just a tad. If I noted that the watch was not manufactured in "Mother Russia" but was a Rolex I would then wonder if Joe would ever go buy a Swiss watch in the first place since the Swiss were neutral after all.
Lastly I would assume that just about any Moron would realize that pieces such as I just made up would be pieces of history and would more likely be in a museum and certainly not on FleaBay!

bobby80
16 September 2009, 06:35 AM
Hey guys, i found this thread and i wonder if some of you could help me verify this watch.

fake or the real thing?

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a152/psyp/Crap/DSC_4770.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a152/psyp/Crap/DSC_4773.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a152/psyp/Crap/DSC_4775.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a152/psyp/Crap/DSC_4765.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a152/psyp/Crap/DSC_4780.jpg

should i buy this or let it pass?

The GMT Master
16 September 2009, 07:00 AM
Hey guys, i found this thread and i wonder if some of you could help me verify this watch.

fake or the real thing?

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a152/psyp/Crap/DSC_4770.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a152/psyp/Crap/DSC_4773.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a152/psyp/Crap/DSC_4775.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a152/psyp/Crap/DSC_4765.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a152/psyp/Crap/DSC_4780.jpg

should i buy this or let it pass?

Fake. Avoid like the plague

bobby80
16 September 2009, 07:10 AM
Ok. How can you tell? Interessted in learning :-)

alby.bda
16 September 2009, 11:39 AM
Sure

The GMT Master
17 September 2009, 11:07 PM
Ok. How can you tell? Interessted in learning :-)

The Bezel's too big, wrong font for "Daytona", the outer ring on the sub dials are too big, clasp claims it's 18Ct, incorrect sticker on the case back.

This is what it should look like:

http://www.rolexreferencepage.com/parachrom/blackearlyz3.jpg

djtre6159
27 October 2009, 11:26 AM
I have a WINNER AD Daytona 1992 24 and can't tell if it's real or fake. It was a present from my parents and was wondering if anyone could help me? I'm attaching 3 pics as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated. [img=http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/3972/dsc02434b.th.jpg] (http://img148.imageshack.us/i/dsc02434b.jpg/)[img=http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/6742/dsc02439t.th.jpg] (http://img3.imageshack.us/i/dsc02439t.jpg/)[img=http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/676/dsc02438fz.th.jpg] (http://img20.imageshack.us/i/dsc02438fz.jpg/)

onkyo
27 October 2009, 12:56 PM
I have a WINNER AD Daytona 1992 24 and can't tell if it's real or fake. It was a present from my parents and was wondering if anyone could help me? I'm attaching 3 pics as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated. [img=http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/3972/dsc02434b.th.jpg] (http://img148.imageshack.us/i/dsc02434b.jpg/)[img=http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/6742/dsc02439t.th.jpg] (http://img3.imageshack.us/i/dsc02439t.jpg/)[img=http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/676/dsc02438fz.th.jpg] (http://img20.imageshack.us/i/dsc02438fz.jpg/)

yeah, ok.

electros
27 October 2009, 02:18 PM
Metal looks fake as well

Ste27
28 October 2009, 06:25 AM
Just try the pushers... guarantee on one of those "24 hour" watches they don't activate the chrono. Even though the face looks right, one will make one of the subdials advance 7 times and the other will make the other subdial advance 31 times. Second subdial is tied to the big second hand. Same movement as the "Daytona"s that show day & date on the subdial, just with a slight improvement.

alby.bda
28 October 2009, 06:34 AM
sorry man is a fake

jmin
28 October 2009, 01:15 PM
I lost money. I have to pay for college from this watch. And it is a FAKE!
damned my life.

I am sorry to read about your situation

jezza17
15 November 2009, 10:19 PM
I would say it is a fake for sure. The hour and minute registers are centred lower on the dial then where they should be.

roller469
10 April 2010, 10:38 PM
this watch is 100 percent fake i just got one for 50 dollars in afganistan it would be cool to get 6000 for it should put it on e bay

springer
10 April 2010, 11:48 PM
The Daytona is a complete counterfeit. Notice the back where it reads "AD" Should be "AT"

carssman
5 December 2010, 05:49 AM
I am looking at one that does not say "T swiss made T" just "Swiss made" and there is no markings at all on the back.

Stainless model superlative chronometer daytona 16520.

Fake,, the guy says it was handed down from Gfather. stainless band.

Please advise..

Thanks

or direct me where I can tell it is real before purchasing.

steven214
9 October 2011, 04:25 PM
That is 100% fake b/c I have seen it in the black market.

Andad
9 October 2011, 06:01 PM
The fake status of the 'Daytona AD 24 hours Daytona' should be put up as a sticky.

The real winners of this grail would be unlikely to part with it.