PDA

View Full Version : The etching on my crystal

Uncle-AJ
24 July 2006, 02:22 AM
I posted a picture a while ago of the laser etched mark on my crystal. Here's another shot using the new lens. This crystal is a replacement, hence the "S" at the base of the crown.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y204/ajdh/_AJD1666-crop.jpg

Prince
24 July 2006, 02:37 AM
Again, an excellent macro photo of something that is practically invisible! I have replaced the crystal on my Datejust recently, and I can see the etched coronet on mine with my jeweler's loupe. It has the "S" as well, but the lower portion of the coronet, including the "S", is actually on the side of the crystal - the coronet overlaps the edge of the crystal.

Anyway, great photo, Adrian! :thumbsup: :cheers:

JJ Irani
24 July 2006, 04:28 AM
Again, an excellent macro photo of something that is practically invisible! I have replaced the crystal on my Datejust recently, and I can see the etched coronet on mine with my jeweler's loupe. It has the "S" as well, but the lower portion of the coronet, including the "S", is actually on the side of the crystal - the coronet overlaps the edge of the crystal.

Anyway, great photo, Adrian! :thumbsup: :cheers:

Must be, therefore, a fake.:banghead: On the genuine ones you can hardly see the crystals unless you use a 10x loupe!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Uncle-AJ
24 July 2006, 04:31 AM
Must be, therefore, a fake.:banghead: On the genuine ones you can hardly see the crystals unless you use a 10x loupe!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Must be an overhanging flat "S" then. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

JJ Irani
24 July 2006, 04:32 AM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :thumbsup:

Prince
24 July 2006, 04:42 AM
:bartmoon: :bartmoon: :bartmoon: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :thumbsup:
And what the heck are YOU laughing at, Mr. Flat "S" himself!!! :dummy: :dummy: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :chuckle:

JJ Irani
24 July 2006, 04:47 AM
:bartmoon: :bartmoon: :bartmoon: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

And what the heck are YOU laughing at, Mr. Flat "S" himself!!! :dummy: :dummy: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :chuckle:

Adrian always makes me laugh!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Just looking at his avatar makes me laugh!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

mailman
24 July 2006, 04:51 AM
Super pic Adrian. :clap: :clap:

Prince
24 July 2006, 04:58 AM
Adrian always makes me laugh!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Just looking at his avatar makes me laugh!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Can't disagree with that, JJ! :rofl: :rofl: :thumbsup: :cheers:

JJ Irani
24 July 2006, 04:59 AM
Can't disagree with that, JJ! :rofl: :rofl: :thumbsup: :cheers:

Which part? The first or the second? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Prince
24 July 2006, 05:00 AM
Which part? The first or the second? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Oh, I give up! :banghead: :banghead:

JJ Irani
24 July 2006, 05:01 AM
Oh, I give up! :banghead: :banghead:

You ain't seen nothing yet, pal. Just wait till you SKYPE me!!! :dummy: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Prince
24 July 2006, 05:05 AM
You ain't seen nothing yet, pal. Just wait till you SKYPE me!!! :dummy: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Oh God! Will it be anything like that last interchange? :crying: :crying: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

JJ Irani
24 July 2006, 05:07 AM
Oh God! Will it be anything like that last interchange? :crying: :crying: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

WORSE, but more FUN!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ask CJ...I even sang him a song!! "These Boots were made for walking!" and he enjoyed it!!:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :bartmoon:

Prince
24 July 2006, 05:09 AM
...Ask CJ...I even sang him a song!! "These Boots were made for walking!" and he enjoyed it!!:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :bartmoon:

I WILL ask him! I can't believe he endured something like that and LIKED it! :banghead: :banghead:

Oh Craaaiiiig... What's up with that?!? :thinking: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :chuckle:

BTW, a not-so-subtle http://idisk.mac.com/reichea/Public/smilies/hijack.gif

JJ Irani
24 July 2006, 05:13 AM
I WILL ask him! I can't believe he endured something like that and LIKED it! :banghead: :banghead:

Oh Craaaiiiig... What's up with that?!? :thinking: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :chuckle:

You do realise of course, that we have completely screwed-up and hijacked this thread, Allan?? :dummy: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Prince
24 July 2006, 05:14 AM
You do realise of course, that we have completely screwed-up and hijacked this thread, Allan?? :dummy: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

LOL - yeah. Take a look at my post that you quoted. I added a line after you had already posted your response. :lol: :lol: :lol: :cheers:

C.J.
24 July 2006, 08:16 AM

BTW, a not-so-subtle http://idisk.mac.com/reichea/Public/smilies/hijack.gif

Allan, your a good man and I've enjoyed your company thus far. therefor, I have to say this one thing to you -

DON'T DO IT! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

JUST SAY NO TO THE SKYPE THING! The freak really does sing and it's awful :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Besides, you'll never get a word in edgewise :crying: He sounds like the teacher from the Charlie Brown cartoons going on and on and on and on:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :thumbsup:

C.J.
24 July 2006, 08:18 AM
Great shot, Adrian :thumbsup:

Prince
24 July 2006, 08:24 AM
Allan, your a good man and I've enjoyed your company thus far. therefor, I have to say this one thing to you -
JUST SAY NO TO THE SKYPE THING! The freak really does sing and it's awful :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Besides, you'll never get a word in edgewise :crying: He sounds like the teacher from the Charlie Brown cartoons going on and on and on and on:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:
ROTFLMAO - one of the funniest posts I have read in a long time, Craig. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I just KNEW you couldn't have ENJOYED the serenade! :banghead: :rofl: :rofl:

The teacher at Charlie's school goes on and on with whaaah whaaah, waaaaaah, WAAAAHAH waah! A friggin' scream!!! :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

Thanks for the warning, bro. I don't have a headset and mike, so can't do any of that right now. So you say... NEVER is the choice I should make? LOL :rofl: :chuckle: :chuckle:

C.J.
24 July 2006, 08:29 AM
ROTFLMAO - one of the funniest posts I have read in a long time, Craig. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The teacher at Charlie's school goes on and on with whaaah whaaah, waaaaaah, WAAAAHAH waah! A friggin' scream!!! :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

Thanks for the warning, bro. I don't have a headset and mike, so can't do any of that right now. So you say... NEVER is the choice I should make? LOL :rofl: :chuckle: :chuckle:

Preserve you sanity, my friend :thumbsup: The ringing in your ears after the first talk will never, ever go away :banghead: :banghead: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

mailman
24 July 2006, 10:23 AM

I've talked to him twice on the phone and I think I've gotten in MAYBE a total of 50 words :rofl: :rofl:

JJ Irani
24 July 2006, 04:24 PM

Craig, you son of a gun....you just wait till our next SKYPE talk....I'm gonna sing your ears off. I'll sing the title tune from "SOUND OF MUSIC".....

The Hills are Alive with the Sound of Music....:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

C.J.
24 July 2006, 04:27 PM
Craig, you son of a gun....you just wait till our next SKYPE talk....I'm gonna sing your ears off. I'll sing the title tune from "SOUND OF MUSIC".....

The Hills are Alive with the Sound of Music....:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Is that one of your original baaahhhlads, tosser? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

JJ Irani
24 July 2006, 04:28 PM
Is that one of your original baaahhhlads, tosser? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

It's 2.30 in the morning for you, tosser. GO TO BED!! :dummy: :dummy: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Better still, hop onto SKYPE and I'll sing you a lullaby!!:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Prince
24 July 2006, 08:03 PM
...Better still, hop onto SKYPE and I'll sing you a lullaby!!:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

There is something very strange about all of this... :thinking: :OMG: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Rockrolex
24 July 2006, 10:29 PM
WORSE, but more FUN!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ask CJ...I even sang him a song!! "These Boots were made for walking!" and he enjoyed it!!:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :bartmoon:
OMG. I'm getting an unlisted Skype number. I have no desire to endure that kind of torture. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :dummy: :dummy: :dummy:

JJ Irani
25 July 2006, 04:55 AM
OMG. I'm getting an unlisted Skype number. I have no desire to endure that kind of torture. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :dummy: :dummy: :dummy:

You just wait till the next time we SKYPE. I'll sing you the ORANGE PO song I just made up....

Ed, oh Ed....you're a tosser on the bed,
The Orange PO will make you twist and turn,
Always wanna make you yearn,
For the finest watch there is out there,
It will have you pulling the roots out of your hair.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

C.J.
25 July 2006, 04:58 AM
You just wait till the next time we SKYPE. I'll sing you the ORANGE PO song I just made up....

Ed, oh Ed....you're a tosser on the bed,
The Orange PO will make you twist and turn,
Always wanna make you yearn,
For the finest watch there is out there,
It will have you pulling the roots out of your hair.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :OMG: I not even touching this one :thinking: :banghead: :banghead: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Prince
25 July 2006, 05:00 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :OMG: I not even touching this one :thinking: :banghead: :banghead: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

He's completely out of control! I can understand quietly closing the door and running for your life!!! :agree: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

JJ Irani
25 July 2006, 05:02 AM
He's completely out of control! I can understand quietly closing the door and running for your life!!! :agree: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

And you guys have yet to come up against me in the FLESH!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Prince
25 July 2006, 05:04 AM
And you guys have yet to come up against me in the FLESH!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Hopefully, at least in shorts and singlet. And we don't plan anything that would bring us "up against you in the flesh"!! :agree: :rofl: :rofl: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

JJ Irani
25 July 2006, 05:06 AM
Hopefully, at least in shorts and singlet. :agree: :rofl: :rofl: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

I distinctly remember that once upon a time this thread started out on something called "Etching on my Crystal"!!

Hmmmm....wonder where that thread disappeared to? :thinking: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Prince
25 July 2006, 05:10 AM
I distinctly remember that once upon a time this thread started out on something called "Etching on my Crystal"!!
Hmmmm....wonder where that thread disappeared to? :thinking: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Does this ring a bell? http://idisk.mac.com/reichea/Public/smilies/hijack.gif http://idisk.mac.com/reichea/Public/smilies/thread jacked.gif

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

mailman
25 July 2006, 10:34 AM
:

That's what you call it now? :rofl: :rofl:

Rockrolex
25 July 2006, 11:05 AM
And hopefully, I never will. That activity is best left to your sheep. :dummy: :dummy: :dummy: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Uncle-AJ
25 July 2006, 12:23 PM
Trying to get back somewhere near to the topic..................................Do gypsy men have crystal balls?:chuckle: :chuckle:

JJ Irani
25 July 2006, 04:40 PM
Trying to get back somewhere near to the topic..................................Do gypsy men have crystal balls?:chuckle: :chuckle:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :bartmoon: