PDA

View Full Version : Lume on 1503

Bermy Boy
24 June 2009, 02:21 AM
Long story short.... 1503 went to local AD for crystal to be replaced and when I collected it the lume dot on one of the hour markers was missing, so back it went. Just collected it now for the second time and they have done a great job of replacing the lume dot where it was missing, however, they also saw fit to place a larger lume dot at the tweleve o'clock position where there was no dot before! I am going to take it back but will it be easy enough to remove without damaging the face?

SLS
24 June 2009, 03:24 AM
Long story short.... 1503 went to local AD for crystal to be replaced and when I collected it the lume dot on one of the hour markers was missing, so back it went. Just collected it now for the second time and they have done a great job of replacing the lume dot where it was missing, however, they also saw fit to place a larger lume dot at the tweleve o'clock position where there was no dot before! I am going to take it back but will it be easy enough to remove without damaging the face?

Is a dot or stick they replaced? You also mentioned they put another marker in the 12:00 position? What marker was there before? Was it a Rolex crown? Sounds like they may have replaced the entire dial. Pics of the before & after might be nice. Was the work performed by your AD, RSC or was it sent out?
Scott

Bermy Boy
24 June 2009, 04:02 AM
Scott, The turn around was two days from the AD so must have been done in-house. They were just supposed to replace a dot of lume at the end of the bar type hour marker that had been lost when they replced the crystal. They chose to also add a dot at the twelve o'clock just above the crown were previously there was nothing. I would post pics but am at office and have no camera. Anyway, just taken it back and asked them to rectify so will see what is returned in a couple of days.