PDA

View Full Version : double red sea dweller, overhaul and repair in miami

MAMOART
10 July 2009, 02:49 PM
Hello I have a double red sea dweller 1665 in the pic ( I have the original domed glass) that I purchased in switzerland in the late seventies and I would like to have it overhauled and repair the winding mechanism, can anybody give me the name of a trusted rolex repair in the Miami area, that would use original pieces and charge a fair price? Thank you so much, Mamoart

SLS
10 July 2009, 05:52 PM
Welcome to the forum! Beautiful DRSD! There are several watchmakers that post on the forum and IMHO I would recommend talking to them directly. Bob Ridley in Texas, Dalton in LA and Vanessa...not sure where she is at! Bob has built quite a reputation for servicing exotic dialed watches such as yours. Servicing is not cheap, but you certainly get what you pay for!
Scott

mike
10 July 2009, 05:57 PM
Welcome.:thumbsup:

Scott has given some excellent advice and recomendations. With a piece like this please don't take any shortcuts.:cheers:

roach7
15 August 2009, 09:45 PM
that's a nice drsd!

DadsWatch72
16 August 2009, 01:09 AM
You have had the watch since the late seventys? Where did you have your work done before? Have you ever sent the watch into Rolex Service Center in the past?

onkyo
16 August 2009, 01:35 AM
Welcome to the forum and great looking piece.

I have used Bob Ridley for some vintage pieces and he did a great job.

Dalton
16 August 2009, 06:11 AM
I'm on the other side of the Country, but I can definitely help ya out,if you run into dead ends in Miami.

Dalton