PDA

View Full Version : Trying to figure out the value of my Rolex

robreport
18 July 2009, 04:15 AM
Hi All,

What a great forum. Everyone seems so knowledgeable.

I have a Rolex Oyster Perpetual Non Date

Model 1002

Serial Number 1613630 14K Gold (1960's I believe)

The watch belonged to my Grandfather and has been in my possession for about 25 years. I have never worn it during that time. It is in great shape showing little wear.

I am trying to get some information about it as well as an idea of it's value or how I would go about finding that out to determine if I should keep it or not. As much as I like having it I would rather see it in (on) the hand (wrist) of someone who might get some enjoyment out of it.

Thanks in advance.

Rob

Rockrolex
18 July 2009, 06:05 AM
Welcome to TRF. At the outset, a word of advice. If you are thinking of selling this watch, don't even try it anywhere but on the For Sale board. And you'll have to meet the minimum requirements for posting there first.

Second, if all you are looking for is some information about the watch, it's best to post clear pictures of it. We really can't tell you anything substantive about the watch based on your description.

With those caveats in mind, enjoy your stay here. :cheers::cheers::cheers:

robreport
18 July 2009, 11:23 AM
Thanks for the welcome and not to worry if I do decide to sell I will follow the rules and post it in the appropriate place.

Here are a couple of pictures I took. Not the best but hopefully good enough to see what good shape it is in. I removed the band to get to the model and serial numbers and have not put it back on in case that access was needed again. I would be happy to take others if different angles are needed.

Thanks again.

Rob