PDA

View Full Version : GMT Master II (N) -16710 Tritium Dial Keep or Flip?

xriddle
22 July 2009, 12:01 PM
Hi All

Any input would be greatly appreciated from the experts in this forum.

Having suffered sellers remorse in the past, should I trade my GMT or flip it for a new toy?

It has a Tritium Dial and those are long gone. Do you guys see this going up in value? Is it a keeper?

Thanks

Lol-x
22 July 2009, 12:46 PM
I'd say if you want a vintage then flip it and get something with a matt dial.

If you want something new, then I prefer maxi dials.

It's really up to your personal tastes and preferences, but I wouldn't necessarily keep or buy any watch on the basis of it being an investment. :cheers:

Just my :2:

SLS
22 July 2009, 01:01 PM
The 16710 was produced for quite some time, as Steve mentioned a GMT Master with a matte dial & acrylic crystal may be a better choice. But, since the 16710 has been discontinued, IMO, it will be a collectors item in next 15-20 years, the tritium dials being more desirable.
Scott

jdc
22 July 2009, 07:30 PM
if it is your only watch and you have fallen out of love with it then I would get another. Probably a long time for it to become desirable to a collector (if it ever does). I would go for what your heart desires

Brushpup
22 July 2009, 11:07 PM
if it is your only watch and you have fallen out of love with it then I would get another. Probably a long time for it to become desirable to a collector (if it ever does). I would go for what your heart desires

This is exactly what happened to me and I can't figure why. Wanting to trade badly though and wondering if I might regret it. Not happy at the moment, but time will tell. It does stink to have such an ultra cool watch and not be tickled with it.

xriddle
23 July 2009, 01:29 AM
Thanks guys ... its not my only watch but i don't see myself keeping it for 15-20yrs. Still love it but would rather have a TT Sub or Milgauss these days.

YuppieKid
25 July 2009, 12:41 PM
:2: