PDA

View Full Version : Rolex Oyster Royal

Flat Eric
3 August 2009, 02:58 AM
I have recently found amongst some jewelry left to me in my mothers will a Rolex Oyster Royal with the i.d 6144 and a serial number of 106561 (i will need to confirm this as it is a little difficult to see). I believe it to be of the 1930's but would like it if anyone could confirm if that is about right. Its condition is reasonable and would invite anyone to give a rough valuation based on the above.

Tools
3 August 2009, 03:53 AM
I don't think that it would be that early.....

Value is generally based on condition and originality........... a picture would be nice........ Royals are not usually particularly valuable but can be as much as a couple of thousand USD... there are exceptions..

Flat Eric
3 August 2009, 07:52 PM
Thank you for your reply, I will try to post a picture of the watch today along with the internal workings and th inside of the rear cover showing what I believe to be the serial number. This number is very small and hardly noticeable but does read as I previously stated, would you suggest I have it verified at a Rolex dealers and valued.

Tools
4 August 2009, 01:30 AM
You might be looking at a different number..... since the late 20's Rolex has been stamping the serial number on the outside case. If yours is newer, then it will be under the bracelet against the case... serial on one side and model number on the other.. Of course, if it is older, then I am wrong.

sam.
18 March 2010, 11:47 PM
between £500 and £2500,have fun converting it!