PDA

View Full Version : 1970's DJ 16014 running fast approx 2 min/day

wyattearp
3 August 2009, 03:33 AM
Hey everyone. I posted a thread a while back complaining about my rolex running 2-3 minutes slower each day (my only watch, which i wear everyday) and i got advice from you guys to bring it back to the AD ( in this case Van Rijk of toronto) to have it serviced/corrected. So I've had it back for about two or three weeks now and it is running fast now :thinking:

I've tried leaving the crown facing directly up while I am asleep in an attempt to slow down the time( I have heard doing this will cause the watch to lose some time). My attempt failed and now I am pretty pissed because ever since I had bought my watch back in April, the time has been significantly inaccurate. whether running too fast or too slow. :banghead:

Im guessing I will just have to take the watch in once again, but if any of you have some suggestions the feed back would be much appreciated.!

Cheers

Tools
3 August 2009, 03:47 AM
2 minute each day is much too fast for positional corrections........ these are only good for a couple of seconds each day..

My first question might be - How are you determining that it is running 2 minutes fast each day ?

If your test method is valid, then I would look for movement influences, such as a magnetic field close by....... and that can be as little as placing it with your cell phone for a period of time...

If it is nothing that you are doing, then, yes.... it needs to be re-regulated, and that shouldn't take long and should be covered by whoever did the service............:cheers:

padi56
3 August 2009, 03:53 AM
Hey everyone. I posted a thread a while back complaining about my rolex running 2-3 minutes slower each day (my only watch, which i wear everyday) and i got advice from you guys to bring it back to the AD ( in this case Van Rijk of toronto) to have it serviced/corrected. So I've had it back for about two or three weeks now and it is running fast now :thinking:

I've tried leaving the crown facing directly up while I am asleep in an attempt to slow down the time( I have heard doing this will cause the watch to lose some time). My attempt failed and now I am pretty pissed because ever since I had bought my watch back in April, the time has been significantly inaccurate. whether running too fast or too slow. :banghead:

Im guessing I will just have to take the watch in once again, but if any of you have some suggestions the feed back would be much appreciated.!

Cheers

By how much is it running fast as Larry pointed positional resting off wrist is only good for a few seconds.If they did a full service on watch its possible a bit of oil on hairspring.