Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum

Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum (https://www.rolexforums.com/index.php)
-   eBay & Internet Sales WatchOut (https://www.rolexforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Fakes being sold on Amazon? (https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=713164)

tigey 11 December 2019 11:48 AM

Fakes being sold on Amazon?

The description states it will come with original logo, and that its a "noob" watch, which is a known brand of fake watches...

https://www.amazon.com/Automatic-Bra...650696116&th=1

crowncollection 11 December 2019 12:49 PM

How do you report

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Knappo 1307 11 December 2019 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crowncollection (Post 10194472)
How do you report

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Below the description is a link to click saying "Report incorrect product information". I'm guessing that is really the only way.

locutus49 11 December 2019 11:43 PM

Yeah, Amazon does not have a good way to report fakes or other serious issues.

Brew 11 December 2019 11:49 PM

It's got a maker's name and logo that aren't "Rolex" or Rolex's, and the description calls it an "homage."

How is this a "fake"?

Noonan 11 December 2019 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brew (Post 10195067)
It's got a maker's name and logo that aren't "Rolex" or Rolex's, and the description calls it an "homage."

How is this a "fake"?

Per the description. Even calls out "noob factory" which is the #1 maker of fakes.

Quote:

Our Noob factory watch is reasonable in price with tight margins, is recognized the value is greater than price. As a famous and trusted brand of luxury Swiss watches can makes a person feel confident about himself. So we actually send the original logo instead of "WLISTH"

Jeffwb65 11 December 2019 11:58 PM

I would normally consider this an homage, except the second image is clearly of a Rolex movement. Kinda shady with that. I'm okay with obvious homages that clearly have other names and movements, but this listing leans toward counterfeit.

SDREW22 12 December 2019 12:01 AM

"So we actually send the original logo instead of "WLISTH"

This is why it is fake and not an homage.

Noonan 12 December 2019 12:08 AM

You guys are giving this very well known manufacturer of fakes far too much credit. :chuckle:

These are 100% fake watches; if you bought one it would have Rolex on the dial/clasp/fake movement.

Brew 12 December 2019 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noonan (Post 10195091)
You guys are giving this very well known manufacturer of fakes far too much credit. :chuckle:

These are 100% fake watches; if you bought one it would have Rolex on the dial/clasp/fake movement.

I gave no "credit." I asked TRF a question, which you've answered. Thank you. :cheers:

Tools 12 December 2019 03:06 AM

The image is photoshopped.

Reading the description/FAQ's, it implies that there will be "r" badging - read between the lines. :cheers:

tigey 12 December 2019 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brew (Post 10195067)

How is this a "fake"?

Also he says it wont really come with that logo, but the "R" logo.

Brew 12 December 2019 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tigey (Post 10195680)
Also he says it wont really come with that logo, but the "R" logo.

Yes, saw this after, thanks. :cheers:

GradyPhilpott 13 December 2019 11:00 PM

Reported.

watchnut100 13 December 2019 11:25 PM

How about the rolex crown between SWISS MADE? Dead giveaway this watch is a fake and the watch you get will say rolex

wesdaniel 14 December 2019 02:56 AM

Interesting that the guy has a San Diego phone number that he freely gives out in the listing.

derekhayden 14 December 2019 03:39 AM

Amazon has been host to fake luxury items for the past few years, this is nothing new. It's gotten so rampant now that it's hard to believe they have not put a better system in place to stop it. Sometimes it's the first thinigs that show up when you search a luxury brand. I doubt many people go on Amazon to purchase any real luxury brands to begin with....I sure woudn't