Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum

Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum (https://www.rolexforums.com/index.php)
-   WatchOut!!! (https://www.rolexforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Potential fake purchased on Chrono (https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=806969)

Just0neMore 8 June 2021 10:03 AM

Potential fake purchased on Chrono

Hey guys, I was just wondering if anyoneís gone through the return process if they suspected a watch they purchased was fake on Chrono.

Iím not certain itís fake, and I havenít gotten a chance to show it to an AD yet. Itís just that I showed a couple pics to an expert I know, and he was a bit concerned about the look of the dial. And because Iím an idiot and waited until the last minute, the money is supposed to be released from escrow tomorrow. And Chronoís customer service phone doesnít work because itís after hours.

Does anyone know what exactly Iím supposed to do to ensure that the money doesnít get released tomorrow? The best Iíve been able to discern is to email ďwithdraw@chrono24.comĒ can anyone confirm that? And even though itís after hours, theyíll document that and not release the funds?

Sorry for the wall of text, Iím just freaking out a little bit.

Thanks,
Mike

Marcjvr 8 June 2021 10:05 AM

Share some pics

sportsfan0704 8 June 2021 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just0neMore (Post 11504757)
Hey guys, I was just wondering if anyoneís gone through the return process if they suspected a watch they purchased was fake on Chrono.

Iím not certain itís fake, and I havenít gotten a chance to show it to an AD yet. Itís just that I showed a couple pics to an expert I know, and he was a bit concerned about the look of the dial. And because Iím an idiot and waited until the last minute, the money is supposed to be released from escrow tomorrow. And Chronoís customer service phone doesnít work because itís after hours.

Does anyone know what exactly Iím supposed to do to ensure that the money doesnít get released tomorrow? The best Iíve been able to discern is to email ďwithdraw@chrono24.comĒ can anyone confirm that? And even though itís after hours, theyíll document that and not release the funds?

Sorry for the wall of text, Iím just freaking out a little bit.

Thanks,
Mike

Is there a phone number to call? I had this question myself when thinking about purchasing via Chrono24. I think their policy is that you have 14 days to ask them what to do if the item is fake? I think as long as you paid by credit card and you have proof that you tried to tell them the item could be fake within that window, you should be covered in the event it does turn out to be fake.

francis 8 June 2021 10:19 AM

How is the image quality so bad? Itís like 2021. [emoji1743]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just0neMore 8 June 2021 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by francis (Post 11504791)
How is the image quality so bad? Itís like 2021. [emoji1743]

I can only load small file sizes from my phone, I have no idea why that happens.

Re: phone number, yes there is one but itís outside of normal business hours now.

francis 8 June 2021 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just0neMore (Post 11504795)
I can only load small file sizes from my phone, I have no idea why that happens.

Re: phone number, yes there is one but itís outside of normal business hours now.

Is hard to tell from the pics at least for me

ronricks 8 June 2021 10:31 AM

We don’t discuss fakes on here.

EEpro 8 June 2021 10:33 AM

Original listing photos? What is your concern about the dial?

Just0neMore 8 June 2021 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronricks (Post 11504817)
We donít discuss fakes on here.

I didn't know that but that makes sense. I've deleted the pictures.

Can anybody just confirm that if I have an issue with my order, do i email withdraw@chrono24.com and/or if there's something additional or different that I'm supposed to do?

TXSD43 8 June 2021 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronricks (Post 11504817)
We donít discuss fakes on here.

Someone might be a victim of getting ripped off and asking for advice.

Completely different story as ďdiscussing fakesĒÖ.

TXSD43 8 June 2021 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just0neMore (Post 11504821)
I didn't know that but that makes sense. I've deleted the pictures.

Can anybody just confirm that if I have an issue with my order, do i email withdraw@chrono24.com and/or if there's something additional or different that I'm supposed to do?

Did you pay by credit card. Like the member mentioned above, if you paid by credit card, you are protected.

I think you need to find an AD or watch maker to inspect the watch.

Just0neMore 8 June 2021 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TXSD43 (Post 11504835)
Did you pay by credit card. Like the member mentioned above, if you paid by credit card, you are protected.

I think you need to find an AD or watch maker to inspect the watch.

Yes I did pay by credit card actually.

And yeah, that was my plan to go to an AD, I just originally thought there was no issue until I showed a couple pics to a buddy of mine and his opinion gave me a little cause for concern. If chrono will give me another day, I'll def go have it inspected tomorrow.

Al1969 8 June 2021 10:59 AM

Where are the pics?

Mendota 8 June 2021 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TXSD43 (Post 11504832)
Someone might be a victim of getting ripped off and asking for advice.

Completely different story as ďdiscussing fakesĒÖ.

Exactly. He's not a moderator so just ignore him. This is a forum and we are all here to help each other out, especially during situations such as these.

EEpro 8 June 2021 11:37 AM

OP, do you mind if I post your listing photos?

Just0neMore 8 June 2021 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EEpro (Post 11504920)
OP, do you mind if I post your listing photos?

No I donít mind

EEpro 8 June 2021 12:00 PM

https://www.chrono24.com/rolex/oyste...9616&showAll=1

TimeAZ 8 June 2021 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EEpro (Post 11504955)

IMO that listing looks ok. Box and card looks good. If that card is activated, it should trigger a response when you bring it near an iPhone (will launch the Rolex website)... nice security feature

EEpro 8 June 2021 12:14 PM

Pics from OP. I cropped a bit but they are same res. My opinion is watch is good.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...5b031c45f0.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...619c7d5497.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...e959df1d94.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...919bd9054b.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...b7864c516e.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...e008e7929c.jpg

David001 8 June 2021 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EEpro (Post 11504980)
Pics from OP. I cropped a bit but they are same res. My opinion is watch is good.

Agreed, it looks ok to me.

OP - did your man say why he thought it was fake?

TXSD43 8 June 2021 01:24 PM

I am no expert, just a Rolex owner. It looks good to me.

TXSD43 8 June 2021 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimeAZ (Post 11504968)
IMO that listing looks ok. Box and card looks good. If that card is activated, it should trigger a response when you bring it near an iPhone (will launch the Rolex website)... nice security feature

For real, did not know that. Learn new thing everyday.

TimeAZ 8 June 2021 02:58 PM

:thumbsup: Additional detailed images that were posted look good. Rehaut, hour markers, lacquer text and tick marks, crown, sunburst dial, hand set.... all look good. All alignments look perfect.

GGGMT 8 June 2021 04:48 PM

Why does anyone think this is fake? OP, whatís going on?

Brich436 8 June 2021 09:46 PM

Examine the hands, applied markers and text with a loupe. Those small details are extremely hard to fake. Wind the crown - is it smooth? Frankenstein watches are hard to spot but the fakes always mess up small details (the better ones you need a loupe to spot). Have an AD open the case back and examine the movement.

Just0neMore 8 June 2021 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GGGMT (Post 11505257)
Why does anyone think this is fake? OP, whatís going on?

The first couple pics I sent him he was a little concerned that the printing looked a little blotchy. He said it couldíve just been kind of a crappy picture though. When I sent him some better pics, he said it looked a lot more legit.

Just0neMore 8 June 2021 10:07 PM

Am going to the AD today to just make sure everything looks good to them. Seems like it was probably a false alarm.

Also in case anyone was interested, I received a response from Chrono this AM. They said you’re usually supposed to file a complaint within the first 7 days (which have passed) but that they will continue to hold the money in escrow until an AD looks at it.

SN13 8 June 2021 10:20 PM

OP. This looks genuine to me.

I'd be surprised if it is not.

GGGMT 9 June 2021 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just0neMore (Post 11505578)
Am going to the AD today to just make sure everything looks good to them. Seems like it was probably a false alarm.

Also in case anyone was interested, I received a response from Chrono this AM. They said youíre usually supposed to file a complaint within the first 7 days (which have passed) but that they will continue to hold the money in escrow until an AD looks at it.

Curious as to why AD will say ó usually they decline to even look at it

Just0neMore 9 June 2021 02:18 AM

Update: AD looked at it and said it looks totally legit. Thanks everyone for the help!