Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum

Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum (https://www.rolexforums.com/index.php)
-   Breitling Discussion Forum (https://www.rolexforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Breitling to Stop Using Boxes (https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=736051)

dba 10 April 2020 04:41 AM

Breitling to Stop Using Boxes
 
Couldn't find this thread anywhere else. This is interesting.

https://robbreport.com/style/watch-c...ffort-2911546/

Travelair007 10 April 2020 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dba (Post 10524533)
Couldn't find this thread anywhere else. This is interesting.

https://robbreport.com/style/watch-c...ffort-2911546/

I mean good for them but you would think that watch boxes (in total volume) donít really account for that much of paper usage? Marketing stunt?

Blansky 10 April 2020 06:34 AM

Hopefully there are still papers or we'd never be able to sell one used.

FTX I 10 April 2020 07:27 AM

I don't know what to say TBH.

Cryten 10 April 2020 07:40 AM

The signal of virtue will appeal to some, but will that mean new customers?

I somehow doubt it. Like banning plastic straws, they'll piss off their customers and achieve nothing meaningful in the process.

daveathall 10 April 2020 07:44 AM

Personally, I put the boxes for my watches under the stairs never to be seen again, if it was up to me I would rather not have any but a slight decrease in the price.

bayerische 10 April 2020 07:51 AM

I often wonder what sort of a world my daughter will have to live in....

To summarize the future in one word, my contribution is: Insanity.

superdog 10 April 2020 07:53 AM

Everything helps.

Spartacus 10 April 2020 08:37 AM

Very cool, I have two Breitlings. The second came with a digital warranty card.

~JJ 10 April 2020 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveathall (Post 10525050)
Personally, I put the boxes for my watches under the stairs never to be seen again, if it was up to me I would rather not have any but a slight decrease in the price.

X2, PITA to store a bunch of boxes, it drives me nuts.

superdog 10 April 2020 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bayerische (Post 10525074)
I often wonder what sort of a world my daughter will have to live in....

To summarize the future in one word, my contribution is: Insanity.

Just one of the reasons Iím so incredibly grateful I donít have kids.

Please donít take that as an offense. Itís not intended. And I do realize the joy I miss out on. But the anxiety for a person like me might be too much.

Star Ferry 10 April 2020 09:52 AM

This is like hotels claiming they won't change sheets/towels unless you ask -- to help the environment

Let's take their argument to its logical limit. To really help out the environment, they could limit every customer to 1 watch. Or they could close up shop entirely and tell us to check the time on our phones.

RWH 10 April 2020 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Star Ferry (Post 10525362)
This is like hotels claiming they won't change sheets/towels unless you ask -- to help the environment

Let's take their argument to its logical limit. To really help out the environment, they could limit every customer to 1 watch. Or they could close up shop entirely and tell us to check the time on our phones.

:chuckle: really funny but true

GB-man 10 April 2020 10:04 AM

I don’t use any of the boxes either but seems dumb.

Maxy 10 April 2020 10:23 AM

It should have been extra paperwork. Just minimum a box and 1 warranty card should be given. No other paperwork is needed for a watch!

Cryten 10 April 2020 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartacus (Post 10525183)
Very cool, I have two Breitlings. The second came with a digital warranty card.

The digital card is nice and all, but if saving the environment is the goal then a plastic card is a better option than strip mining africa for the minerals to make an e-ink screen and battery for a card most will never need.

A paper warranty is even better again, Maybe they should try that :cheers:

Old Expat Beast 10 April 2020 11:38 AM

I expect more Swiss watch companies might announce this move, or something similar, since China factories started shutting down due to the corona virus.

Chewbacca 10 April 2020 12:16 PM

Meh. I mean, they’re not Tiffany. Watch boxes are actually a pain IMOP.

Cost to ship, noobs that insist on them, thieves that use them to defraud people, they’re not recyclable... Hold on. Why did this take so long?

jnelson3097 10 April 2020 12:24 PM

Boxes will still be available upon request. Thereís a Breitling world summit on 4/16 that will be broadcast online and Iím sure theyíll explain this and the new digital way to track ownership of new watches.

Chewbacca 10 April 2020 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jnelson3097 (Post 10525732)
Boxes will still be available upon request. Thereís a Breitling world summit on 4/16 that will be broadcast online and Iím sure theyíll explain this and the new digital way to track ownership of new watches.

Thatíll work.

MoosicPa 10 April 2020 02:40 PM

I find it comical that the Robb Report article mentions how some Rolex and PP dealers hold onto the boxes and papers to prevent flipping. Not a worry with Breitling as their watches lose 50% of their value when they walk out the door. Breitling collectors buy the watches because they like them, not to flip as they have no value on the secondary market.

dmhines 10 April 2020 10:26 PM

I have 2 Breitlings .. both came in cardboard boxes with Leather Carry Case and Digital Warranty card. If they just supply the Leather Case and Digital Card ... thats all I need. Breitling is not like OMEGA who goes way overboard on their boxes and presentation ..

karmatp 10 April 2020 10:34 PM

I think I just got the leather case and digital warranty card with the Superocean 42 I purchased from my AD in Dec.

brandrea 10 April 2020 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superdog (Post 10525344)
Just one of the reasons Iím so incredibly grateful I donít have kids.

Please donít take that as an offense. Itís not intended. And I do realize the joy I miss out on. But the anxiety for a person like me might be too much.

Or maybe the next generation will pay more not to have box and papers:chuckle:

That was meant for Blnasky:chuckle:

brandrea 10 April 2020 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superdog (Post 10525344)
Just one of the reasons Iím so incredibly grateful I donít have kids.

Please donít take that as an offense. Itís not intended. And I do realize the joy I miss out on. But the anxiety for a person like me might be too much.

Youíd be a good dad IMO

brandrea 10 April 2020 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blansky (Post 10524853)
Hopefully there are still papers or we'd never be able to sell one used.

Iím messed up this morning ... see reply I made to Seths post:chuckle::banghead:

Gee2789 10 April 2020 11:18 PM

As a person with a closet full of boxes, I approve this trend. Or at least give me a small box please. Not a suitcase. Thanks.

jnelson3097 11 April 2020 12:10 AM

You can register for the webcast on April 16th here:

https://www.breitling.com/us-en/camp...mpaign=organic

Iím not sure how much theyíll touch on the boxes outside the new releases but Iím sure there will be some mention.

EndlessEight 11 April 2020 12:37 AM

Seems as though Breitling is streaming the release of their 2020 lineup.

Chewbacca 11 April 2020 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandrea (Post 10526576)
Iím messed up this morning ... see reply I made to Seths post:chuckle::banghead:

Bri is reliving his Bluto Blutarsky days.


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 07:15 PM.