Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum

Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum (https://www.rolexforums.com/index.php)
-   Vintage Rolex Discussion (https://www.rolexforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   1967 Rolex GMT Master 1675 (https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=702768)

oysterquartz17000 12 October 2019 12:32 PM

1967 Rolex GMT Master 1675
 
5 Attachment(s)
Hi guys, what are your thoughts on this 1967 Rolex GMT Master 1675? I am still seeking better photos but from an initial peek, it looks reasonably ok to me. The seller is chasing around 11kUS for this.

Dan S 12 October 2019 12:45 PM

Maybe you already know this, but I don't think that dial is right for 1967 (should be long E), and at least some of the hands look like luminova service.

oysterquartz17000 12 October 2019 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan S (Post 10049903)
Maybe you already know this, but I don't think that dial is right for 1967 (should be long E), and at least some of the hands look like luminova service.

Its been serviced recently, but by whom I dont know at this stage. I thought the long E was pre 67, but if not and this is a service dial I will move on.

Thanks for the speedy feedback as always :D

037 12 October 2019 01:15 PM

Dan's got it right. Dial and hands kill the value on this one, hence the low price. You'd have to sink a fair amount back into it (dial, hands and bracelet at a minimum, plus a new crystal if you want it water resistant) to get it correct for a 1967. And, who knows what's lurking inside without a movement shot.

It might make for a good project if you're willing to put the time into it. No pun intended.

oysterquartz17000 12 October 2019 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 037 (Post 10049945)
Dan's got it right. Dial and hands kill the value on this one, hence the low price. You'd have to sink a fair amount back into it (dial, hands and bracelet at a minimum, plus a new crystal if you want it water resistant) to get it correct for a 1967. And, who knows what's lurking inside without a movement shot.

It might make for a good project if you're willing to put the time into it. No pun intended.

Great pun :cheers:

My days of project watches are over, hard pass.

Cheers guys!

charlitos 12 October 2019 06:34 PM

Service dial, hands, and insert.

StanGMT 13 October 2019 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlitos (Post 10050253)
Service dial, hands, and insert.


I agree. Compared with my 1967 GMT 1675, which I bought new (so I know it's original), definitely service hands. I'm no expert on dials, but mine is gilt, with long 'E'. The bezel looks like the one on my watch, but mine was replaced - along with the small-arrow 24 hour hand - by Rolex at a service in 1978.

Stan.

1665fan 13 October 2019 08:35 AM

Insert looks original to me, only thing its got going for it

037 13 October 2019 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1665fan (Post 10051914)
Insert looks original to me, only thing its got going for it

Agreed. Insert looks correct for a circa 1967.

oysterquartz17000 13 October 2019 10:22 AM

So what sort of value would you put on this with its service dial and hands, minus a bracelet?

Cheers

Dan S 13 October 2019 10:53 AM

Edit: sorry, I hadn’t looked closely enough at the photos

037 13 October 2019 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oysterquartz17000 (Post 10052089)
So what sort of value would you put on this with its service dial and hands, minus a bracelet?

Hard to say from these pics given the poor lighting and low quality. Is the insert naturally faded or has it been bleached? Are the hands white gold Luminova or are they steel or gold tritium that haven't yellowed? Any imperfections on the dial? What condition is the movement in and is it a circa 1967 caliber or a later one?

I'd put this in the "rabbit hole" category and move on. :thumbsup:

oysterquartz17000 13 October 2019 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 037 (Post 10052244)
Hard to say from these pics given the poor lighting and low quality. Is the insert naturally faded or has it been bleached? Are the hands white gold Luminova or are they steel or gold tritium that haven't yellowed? Any imperfections on the dial? What condition is the movement in and is it a circa 1967 caliber or a later one?

I'd put this in the "rabbit hole" category and move on. :thumbsup:

Nice way of putting it. Yeah it always mystifies me, if people sell cars they take a comprehensive lot of photos and provide lots on information. People sell watches, often worth more than some cars and all you get is a blurry photo taken through a toilet roll.


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 06:46 PM.