Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum

Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum (https://www.rolexforums.com/index.php)
-   The Meeting Point (https://www.rolexforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Kentucky/S. IN/S. OH/ Watch Nerds! (https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=776680)

airchitect 26 November 2020 01:17 AM

Kentucky/S. IN/S. OH/ Watch Nerds!

Alright so Iíve popped in and out of this forum for just about 9yrs now and realized Iíve never really met anyone from my area on here. Iíd like to maybe setup a zoom get together or WhatsApp/kik group or something so we can all know whoís who and whatís what.... Thoughts?

And if Something already exist that I am missing, I apologize

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H25B 2 December 2020 11:50 AM

I’m in the Louisville area.

mkruger311 3 December 2020 12:52 PM

I'm up north in Cleveland. I've got a few watch friends up here.

airchitect 7 December 2020 12:13 PM

Wonderful! Who else? Iím near Louisville as well.

H25B 13 December 2020 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by airchitect (Post 11111529)
Wonderful! Who else? Iím near Louisville as well.

Oldham County peon here. :bye:

airchitect 13 December 2020 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H25B (Post 11124641)
Oldham County peon here. :bye:

Hello Oldham County peon! What a nice school district you have there![emoji23]

Goin2drt 13 December 2020 10:11 AM

Georgetown here.

airchitect 14 December 2020 12:12 PM

Kentucky/S. IN/S. OH/ Watch Nerds!

[emoji108]

airchitect 14 December 2020 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goin2drt (Post 11125492)
Georgetown here.

And hello to you!!

airchitect 12 January 2021 12:41 PM

Is this it? Who else is out there?

Sent using Tapatalk

omar10213245 2 March 2021 01:18 PM

could've sworn i posted in this thread a few weeks back...i'm in the Cincinnati area.

rod727 5 March 2021 01:46 PM

Centerville OH here......

thegreightone 5 March 2021 01:47 PM

Louisville, Ky here!

Dan Pierce 5 March 2021 02:10 PM

Covington, Ky here.
dP

omar10213245 9 March 2021 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rod727 (Post 11296803)
Centerville OH here......

i grew up in kettering :agree:

CalAlumnus 28 March 2021 09:54 PM

Hey y’all! I’m moving to Louisville soon, and just getting into watches. Looking at purchasing a Tudor (BB32), Omega (Speedmaster 3861 SS), and two Rolexes (OP31 and DJ36) in the next year or two. I’ll probably be interested in one of the tougher to find Rolexes at some point.

Any recommendations on an AD to focus my spend on? It looks like Richter and Phillips is the closest that offers all 3 brands, but not sure if the extra distance is justified just to get my Omega spend at the same AD.

Goin2drt 28 March 2021 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CalAlumnus (Post 11345373)
Hey yíall! Iím moving to Louisville soon, and just getting into watches. Looking at purchasing a Tudor (BB32), Omega (Speedmaster 3861 SS), and two Rolexes (OP31 and DJ36) in the next year or two. Iíll probably be interested in one of the tougher to find Rolexes at some point.

Any recommendations on an AD to focus my spend on? It looks like Richter and Phillips is the closest that offers all 3 brands, but not sure if the extra distance is justified just to get my Omega spend at the same AD.

Sorry I cannot help. I stopped in a couple Rolex AD's in Louisville (It think there are only two). They didn't have any good inventory and the 2 people I talked to asking about some SS watches, bluesy, CHNR both started with the "we have really great customers that have spent 100's (yes 100's) of thousands so they get the very few that come in."

I left. I wouldn't be that person that buys 100's of thousands of stuff even if it was all hard to get SS models. They clearly don't want or need my small dollars.

CalAlumnus 28 March 2021 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goin2drt (Post 11345400)
Sorry I cannot help. I stopped in a couple Rolex AD's in Louisville (It think there are only two). They didn't have any good inventory and the 2 people I talked to asking about some SS watches, bluesy, CHNR both started with the "we have really great customers that have spent 100's (yes 100's) of thousands so they get the very few that come in."

I left. I wouldn't be that person that buys 100's of thousands of stuff even if it was all hard to get SS models. They clearly don't want or need my small dollars.

Thanks for thatógood to know to not bother with the two in Louisville.

Daydate40 9 April 2021 11:57 AM

Louisville resident here!

CalAlumnus 21 April 2021 12:26 AM

Following up... I stopped by Richter & Phillips last Saturday and had a great experience with Blake. The shop was very busy, but he took the time to talk me through Tudor, Omega and Rolex. Rolex availability seemed better than a lot of dealers, although still mostly Lady Datejusts in the case. The shop had an excellent selection of Tudor and Omega models to see.

I ended up purchasing a blue Black Bay 32 for my wife, which I had been thinking about for a while. I'll definitely be back, and recommend folks in the area check out the shop and ask for Blake.

Dan Pierce 21 April 2021 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CalAlumnus (Post 11404800)
Following up... I stopped by Richter & Phillips last Saturday and had a great experience with Blake. The shop was very busy, but he took the time to talk me through Tudor, Omega and Rolex. Rolex availability seemed better than a lot of dealers, although still mostly Lady Datejusts in the case. The shop had an excellent selection of Tudor and Omega models to see.

I ended up purchasing a blue Black Bay 32 for my wife, which I had been thinking about for a while. I'll definitely be back, and recommend folks in the area check out the shop and ask for Blake.

Bought my blue Pelagos there last year.:thumbsup:
dP

pk552502 1 June 2021 07:48 AM

Hi guys, I also live in Cincinnati. I may be interested to meet up at a nice cigar shop in a nice part of town or something to that effect. Keep me posted.

davezvip 1 July 2021 01:52 PM

I am in the Greater Cincinnati area. Would love to do a GTG. Buddy of mine owns a bourbon bar in Union, Kentucky. There is also a nice cigar lounge in Covington. Keep me posted.

philomega15 28 July 2021 06:13 AM

Lexington KY area resident here. Been a member here for a little while but just a lurker. Getting serious about acquiring my first Rolex

997targa 31 July 2021 11:51 AM

I am just across the river in Ft Mitchell. Would participate in a gtg, and a cigar/bourbon theme sounds fantastic!

Goin2drt 31 July 2021 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philomega15 (Post 11605890)
Lexington KY area resident here. Been a member here for a little while but just a lurker. Getting serious about acquiring my first Rolex

Welcome. GTown resident here.

Widows Son 2 August 2021 08:42 AM

Hudson, Ohio here. Halfway between Cleveland and Akron.

JakeK 4 August 2021 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CalAlumnus (Post 11404800)

sorry for the bump but had to call out R&P. They are great people.

There are times i still wished i lived in Cincy, going to talk with the folks at R&P about watches is definitely one of them.

mkruger311 4 August 2021 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Widows Son (Post 11615967)
Hudson, Ohio here. Halfway between Cleveland and Akron.

Hello neighbor!

Medina here.

997targa 4 August 2021 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeK (Post 11619828)
sorry for the bump but had to call out R&P. They are great people.

There are times i still wished i lived in Cincy, going to talk with the folks at R&P about watches is definitely one of them.

No doubt. Popped in mid-afternoon yday while stretching legs and discovered they just started selling Nomos. Chatted about them and watches in general for a while and went back to work with a clear brain!