Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum

Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum (https://www.rolexforums.com/index.php)
-   Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum (https://www.rolexforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Which FPJ Resonance 24hr? (https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=709156)

rockdrock 18 November 2019 02:04 AM

Which FPJ Resonance 24hr?

If the opportunity presented itself, which of the two FPJ Resonance would you pick - platinum or red gold? I think the preferred is the platinum model. I like the red gold the best but might be missing something.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...d2bf26c2c4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

locutus49 18 November 2019 02:11 AM

One on the left for me, although that design language leaves me cold.

Lo100169 18 November 2019 02:11 AM

It is a matter of preference. I did choose platinum when I bought the Octa because it flies under the radar and goes with everything. I could not wear yellow or rose gold daily, it brings too much attention. But that is me....

rockdrock 18 November 2019 02:21 AM

Good point. I was thinking that it had something to do with platinum as the higher quality precious metal. How do you like the Octa? pic?

imrsion 18 November 2019 02:48 AM

I tried them on at on of the boutiques and prefer platinum over the gold for the resonance.
Different dials look better in gold like the havana, which I think looks fantastic in gold but just ok in platinum. Also, the pictures on Journe’s website do not represent some of the watches as well as they are in person.

shafran 18 November 2019 02:49 AM

My centigraphe is rose gold

I prefer rose to white metals. Everyone has their own preference. Half of my 8 watches are rose gold. 2 stainless, 2 white gold.

Justindo 18 November 2019 02:50 AM

I like both but it depends on what you want and with what's in your collection. i definitely think the platinum version is more versatile and under the radar, though.

uscmatt99 18 November 2019 03:46 AM

I'd choose platinum in this case. The dial color on the RG is a bit too much for me. That said, either would be a treat to own.

Lo100169 18 November 2019 07:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by rockdrock (Post 10138995)
Good point. I was thinking that it had something to do with platinum as the higher quality precious metal. How do you like the Octa? pic?

I like it very much, it is my daily...

JR16 18 November 2019 07:43 AM

For this model, prefer the platinum . The gold is too much for me . I have an octa in rose gold but it’s a pale hue and white dial so more muted.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...78d47ee750.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Slider817 18 November 2019 08:21 AM

I’d go for Rose gold, already have a PT Souverain. I like both quite a bit.

BigAppleBill 18 November 2019 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JR16 (Post 10139637)
For this model, prefer the platinum . The gold is too much for me . I have an octa in rose gold but it’s a pale hue and white dial so more muted.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...78d47ee750.jpg

Great looking watch!

uscmatt99 18 November 2019 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JR16 (Post 10139637)

Love that Automatique Lune. I agree that the rose gold goes best with the lighter shaded dials. Little bro CS says hello :agree:

https://live.staticflickr.com/4816/4...c17b4651_b.jpgFPF CS by uscmatt99, on Flickr

subtona 18 November 2019 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockdrock (Post 10138961)
... but might be missing something.

What you might be missing is the hour markers from 8am to 4pm (8-16hrs)

I would consider a preowned original version:cheers:

Jay (Eire) 18 November 2019 11:36 AM

You could ask someone to help you get a Black Label for you, of the three it’s the better looking watch.

But I think as Subtona says above, I’d skip this iteration completely and either look back to older models with the original dial configuration or hold off for the “all new” Resonance which is slated to come soon.

One upside of this iteration is the short production run, if that matters to you. I don’t believe it will impact resale much, but that’s just an opinion.

eviperman 18 November 2019 11:37 AM

It's simple... buy the one that makes you smile the most when on the wrist.

Furthermore, if you can get one allocated then buy whatever you can as these are an incredibly limited production run that ends next month (if you can still order one before then). Yes, the bulk will be platinum, but buy the one that you like the most. After all, my preference has no meaning to you :)

rockdrock 19 November 2019 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lo100169 (Post 10139558)
I like it very much, it is my daily...

Oh my! Woooow! That Octa is beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

rockdrock 19 November 2019 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay (Eire) (Post 10140069)
You could ask someone to help you get a Black Label for you, of the three it’s the better looking watch.

But I think as Subtona says above, I’d skip this iteration completely and either look back to older models with the original dial configuration or hold off for the “all new” Resonance which is slated to come soon.

One upside of this iteration is the short production run, if that matters to you. I don’t believe it will impact resale much, but that’s just an opinion.

Good stuff here from you and subtona. Thank you.

New Resonance?? I thought this was done with this reference.

It appears that one takes a big hit on these. One from the Boutique will be 74,400CHF. I see the resale in Gen 2 for about $50K. Is that standard?

rockdrock 19 November 2019 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eviperman (Post 10140071)
It's simple... buy the one that makes you smile the most when on the wrist.

Furthermore, if you can get one allocated then buy whatever you can as these are an incredibly limited production run that ends next month (if you can still order one before then). Yes, the bulk will be platinum, but buy the one that you like the most. After all, my preference has no meaning to you :)

Thanks, eviperman for the comments. So well said. The one that calls me is the red/red for me. It is always so nice to hear member opinions that sometimes I might be missing some good stuff.

It would be the biggest purchase yet and something I want to thoroughly evaluate with others. For example, a member mentioned a “new Resonance”. That’s weird as I thought the line would finish with this model.

kunlun 19 November 2019 01:43 AM

The new resonance will be an entirely new model, but will also have the principle of resonance. That's what people mean by new resonance.

rockdrock 19 November 2019 01:51 AM

Oh man! Just when I was ready to make a deposit for the red/red variant, the Geneva Boutique just told me they are sold out. Crap!

However, appreciate everyone’s input on this and will keep my eye on the new Resonance. Thank you all!

yessir69 19 November 2019 02:56 AM

Platinum.

JR16 19 November 2019 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uscmatt99 (Post 10139972)
Love that Automatique Lune. I agree that the rose gold goes best with the lighter shaded dials. Little bro CS says hello :agree:

https://live.staticflickr.com/4816/4...c17b4651_b.jpgFPF CS by uscmatt99, on Flickr

[emoji106][emoji106]

WatchEater666 19 November 2019 06:17 AM

Platinum for sure. Great choice btw! Also dibs if you get bored & decide to move it. :)

eviperman 19 November 2019 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockdrock (Post 10141018)
Oh man! Just when I was ready to make a deposit for the red/red variant, the Geneva Boutique just told me they are sold out. Crap!

However, appreciate everyone’s input on this and will keep my eye on the new Resonance. Thank you all!

I am not surprised as it was my understanding that all allocation had been sold. This is a one year run model, but like others have said, there's a new Resonance coming in 2020, so start saving for that one :)

Jay (Eire) 19 November 2019 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockdrock (Post 10140814)
Good stuff here from you and subtona. Thank you.

New Resonance?? I thought this was done with this reference.

It appears that one takes a big hit on these. One from the Boutique will be 74,400CHF. I see the resale in Gen 2 for about $50K. Is that standard?

Yes, you will take a big hit right out the door. There’s some hope that this current dial due to the limited run might hold up better but I’m skeptical.

This dial just seemed like an easy way to shift the “old” model before the new Resonance (with a new caliber) will be introduced. I’m a big fan of FPJ, an owner also, but this is just what it seems like to me.

avilhena 20 November 2019 12:39 AM

Red gold for me!