Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum

Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum (https://www.rolexforums.com/index.php)
-   Breitling Discussion Forum (https://www.rolexforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   New Breitling Navitimer Re-Edition (https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=662770)

JayHantz 16 March 2019 01:14 AM

New Breitling Navitimer Re-Edition

While looking at Instagram, came across this from Georges Kernís account.

New Breitling Navitimer that will be shown at Basel 2019. Itís the 1959 homage to the famous Navitimer from the 60s. It has the original dimensions at the Reference 806 (41mm with bezel) and is powered by the Breitling Caliber B09 which is derived from their B01 movement. Hand applied lume and a nice vintage OEM strap.

I think it looks great!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...a676414531.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...b7d0f45733.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...ed28d3f6a1.jpg

El-Duderino 16 March 2019 01:34 AM

Very nice!

Iím not sure if itís different enough from my A23322 for it to be a must buy, but I definitely like the design choice.

NavalFlight 16 March 2019 02:53 AM

Beautiful watch! Iíd recommend this to anyone looking to get their first Breitling!

JayHantz 16 March 2019 02:57 AM

Looking at the comments from Instagram on his post, it looks like a limited release, and a manual wind with a solid case back. MSRP is 8,600 USD.

LuxLemon 16 March 2019 03:59 AM

Looks fantastic - smaller side and looks like it includes some brushed services.

gsg 16 March 2019 05:14 AM

This is an amazing release, it is shaping to be the king of Basel 2019!

The attention to detail is incredible: hand-wound, inhouse caliber, acrylic crystal, same dimensions as the original. How exciting!

KBM 16 March 2019 06:50 AM

Wow, a new manual wound caliber based on the b01 to boot. Breitling came out of the gates swinging! :clap:

JP(Canada) 16 March 2019 08:48 AM

That's just about perfect, if you ask me. I prefer the white subs, but this is true to the original and very, very nice. Acrylic and manual winding really sings to me. Just 13.4mm thick! Perfect.

gsg 16 March 2019 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JP(Canada) (Post 9439020)
That's just about perfect, if you ask me. I prefer the white subs, but this is true to the original and very, very nice. Acrylic and manual winding really sings to me. Just 13.4mm thick! Perfect.

No, even thinner at 12.86mm.

This reissue is as close as you can get to a time capsule at a reasonable costs.

Cru Jones 16 March 2019 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayHantz (Post 9437889)
Looking at the comments from Instagram on his post, it looks like a limited release, and a manual wind with a solid case back. MSRP is 8,600 USD.

1,959 examples. :thumbsup:

Good on Breitling to make the effort to develop the new manual wind instead of using their still-pretty new automatic.

If you’re looking to totally reboot the brand, going back to the roots and totally nailing is a good way to go about it, IMO.

gsg 17 March 2019 01:58 AM

It seems to me that Breitling stills has a steep road ahead judging by the number of responses garnered in this thread to the new release. Breitling releases a homerun, a truthful reissue of an iconic model and we get 9 comments here. Rolex releases a lame teaser and they get 20 pages full with speculation and comments...
Well, at least I hope this is a watch we are able to get without the crappy sales experience associated with Rolex these days.

jnelson3097 17 March 2019 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gsg (Post 9441054)
It seems to me that Breitling stills has a steep road ahead judging by the number of responses garnered in this thread to the new release. Breitling releases a homerun, a truthful reissue of an iconic model and we get 9 comments here. Rolex releases a lame teaser and they get 20 pages full with speculation and comments...
Well, at least I hope this is a watch we are able to get without the crappy sales experience associated with Rolex these days.

I think once Basel officially starts, maybe we'll see more activity on the Breitling subforum. Until then, it seems like the majority of users on here still associate Breitling with the big blingy watches that are practically given away by ADs and tank on resale. I'm anxious to see what else will come out of Basel from Breitling but this will be a very hard one to follow.

Chester01 17 March 2019 05:05 AM

this is spectacular. For those like me, that love the vintage look, but want to wear and use consistently, this is the way to go

Chester01 17 March 2019 08:33 AM

Quote:

I know. I own a daytona, and this thing blows it away in every way. First, this navi is actually legible, looks to be an excellent and handwound movement, and has real heritage, not just something that is famous because the salad dressing guy wore it. Indeed, Omega with their coming 321 release and this Navi, the reality is Rolex has not been that exciting to be recently. Even the new BLRO, a disappointment for me as its only available on the jubilee bracelet and the excessive wide lugs and bling bezel make it unwearable for me. Lets take the Daytona, the slapped a ceramic bezel and the watch continue to ne illegible and everyone cant get enough. Can you imagine if they did something like what Breitling just did with the Navi to the Daytona, now that something worth getting excited about. Like a Daytona 6263 reissue!

DCheeta 17 March 2019 02:23 PM

This is absolutely amazing. As it is limited I don’t think I’ll be able to get my hands on one, but I’m more excited about what Breitling will do with that movement in regular production pieces.

Cru Jones 17 March 2019 04:58 PM

Quote:

The flip side of this new Navitimer is that it is a too-faithful/literal copy of a previous watch. Why should that be a big deal? Would we want Rolex, AP or Patek to issue exact copies from their catalogues? Maybe it would have been more exciting to have seen a new “homerun” Navitimer simply inspired by the past?

To be clear, I’m just playing devil’s advocate here. I think the watch is attractive and I hope it helps to get Breitling back on track.

Anyway, I’m not so sure this Breitling sub-forum is that active in any event....

1William 17 March 2019 11:05 PM

I like the watch but the limited availability and the price take me away.

Chester01 17 March 2019 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1William (Post 9443528)
I like the watch but the limited availability and the price take me away.

I agree, The price is a big deal, as the new IWC spitfire collection with inhouse movement is under 6,000 and the Tudor Blackbay heritage with the B01 is about 5,000. This is a great watch, but the pricing about 2000-2500 too high.

Spartacus 18 March 2019 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chester01 (Post 9443656)
I agree, The price is a big deal, as the new IWC spitfire collection with inhouse movement is under 6,000 and the Tudor Blackbay heritage with the B01 is about 5,000. This is a great watch, but the pricing about 2000-2500 too high.

My thoughts exactly- still a great looking piece :cheers:

NavalFlight 18 March 2019 08:20 AM

I think itís a fantastic watch and donít think the price is too high. If I had not purchased a Navitimer (AB012) last year this would be a no-brainer for me.

Iíd definitely recommend this watch for anyone looking for an iconic Breitling.

jnelson3097 18 March 2019 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NavalFlight (Post 9445078)
I think itís a fantastic watch and donít think the price is too high. If I had not purchased a Navitimer (AB012) last year this would be a no-brainer for me.

Iíd definitely recommend this watch for anyone looking for an iconic Breitling.

I agree on price. Itís about the same as any of the in house Breitling chrono movements and I wouldnít expect it to be any lower. I donít think availability will be too hard since itíll be at ADs and boutiques. Iíd expect full retail at the boutiques but maybe there is some room to move at an AD

Justindo 18 March 2019 12:52 PM

Breitling did a nice job on this. I'd also like to see a modern version of this with a current baton dial, dual sapphire crystals, and some different strap options.

holdtime 23 March 2019 11:43 PM

Love it.

Robbyman 25 March 2019 04:51 AM

I canít wait to see if they re-release the reverse panda model.

subprimero 27 March 2019 03:49 AM

Fantastic! Breitling is on the right track!

beshannon 28 March 2019 03:58 AM

Really would like to see this in person, not sure I will get to as 1959 pieces is not many to go around. I have always wanted a Navitimer and this is a great size for me

alexlt730512 28 March 2019 01:35 PM

is 1959pcs considered too many pieces for limited edition? but this watch does look hot in photos

Proof Morgan 29 March 2019 10:26 AM

Love it!

Helmi 11 April 2019 04:02 AM

Does anyone know if they started deliveries? I contacted my local AD but they seem unaware when these will be available

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ttpoll 11 April 2019 08:04 AM

The Navitimer has been on my radar for a while now, iI will check this one out.