Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum

Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum (https://www.rolexforums.com/index.php)
-   Panerai Discussion Forum (https://www.rolexforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   PAM01351 - possible first Panerai (https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=762780)

djyolky 8 September 2020 01:27 PM

PAM01351 - possible first Panerai

Hi all.. I went into the boutique today and tried on a variety of 44mm. watches. Luckily the Carbotech 1616 don't sing to me, but I found I loved the PAM01351.

It felt extremely comfortable/balanced and somewhat light, but still had that substantial, solid feel.

I understand some don't like the blue seconds hand but I things it looks quite nice. Is this a good reference for my first (and probably only) Panerai?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Crashblue 8 September 2020 05:25 PM

Todays first and only Panerais for me are the simple 8 day movement models from the Luminor or Radimor series except the ones with fake brown patina lume.

The 1616 isnīt a first and only Panerai model, MAYBE if you have 5+ watches from other brands which arenīt so specific.

Mobert19 9 September 2020 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crashblue (Post 10894124)
Todays first and only Panerais for me are the simple 8 day movement models from the Luminor or Radimor series except the ones with fake brown patina lume.

The 1616 isnīt a first and only Panerai model, MAYBE if you have 5+ watches from other brands which arenīt so specific.

Most of the 8 days have the fake patina so not much choice there

djyolky 9 September 2020 11:44 AM

I'm now reconsidering. One of the things I like about Panerai is the ability to change straps so easily for different looks. Having all brown dial really limits the color options for straps.

The PAM 1313 (blue face with white numbers), or the 1312 (black face). I'm not a fan of either the blue or black leather straps they come with, but I could've find many other beautiful straps to throw in either of those.

Any comments for or against either the 1313, or 1312?

L_S_SHOE 10 September 2020 12:08 AM

I have a 351 and I donít really think the tobacco dial prevents you from going with black or grey straps. Similarly, youíll find people wearing black-dialed PAMs and submariners on brown leather not infrequently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djyolky 10 September 2020 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L_S_SHOE (Post 10897837)
I have a 351 and I donít really think the tobacco dial prevents you from going with black or grey straps. Similarly, youíll find people wearing black-dialed PAMs and submariners on brown leather not infrequently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks dude!

fullcourt 12 September 2020 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djyolky (Post 10896616)
I'm now reconsidering. One of the things I like about Panerai is the ability to change straps so easily for different looks. Having all brown dial really limits the color options for straps.

i wear all kinds and colors of straps on my 232, which has a tobacco dial. amazing

djyolky 12 September 2020 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fullcourt (Post 10905162)
i wear all kinds and colors of straps on my 232, which has a tobacco dial. amazing

I appreciate your feedback, thanks.

demarcom 18 September 2020 12:07 PM

Quote:

The PAM 1313 (blue face with white numbers), or the 1312 (black face). I'm not a fan of either the blue or black leather straps they come with, but I could've find many other beautiful straps to throw in either of those.

I have a 1312 and love it 17-17.5cm wrist.. it have a 3rd party strap that is Amaretto in color. I plan to put a deposit to purchase the 1313 this week. So they are both my favorite PAMs. Check out Iris Thomas Handmade on Etsy. amazing straps, and after I got the one for the PAM and bought one for my Bronze Tudor BB. Going with a blue strap from Thomas on the 1313. Stock blue Alligator strap doesnt do it for me.

djyolky 18 September 2020 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demarcom (Post 10923569)
I have a 1312 and love it 17-17.5cm wrist.. it have a 3rd party strap that is Amaretto in color. I plan to put a deposit to purchase the 1313 this week. So they are both my favorite PAMs. Check out Iris Thomas Handmade on Etsy. amazing straps, and after I got the one for the PAM and bought one for my Bronze Tudor BB. Going with a blue strap from Thomas on the 1313. Stock blue Alligator strap doesnt do it for me.

Thank you for the recommendation. Those straps looks quite nice. They aren't overly thick?

Wcdhtwn 21 September 2020 09:37 AM

Quote:

I have the exact same hesitation about the 1351. If anyone has pictures of one on different color straps Iíd love to see them. I have a hard time imagining any other strap color going well with that dial. I looked at a blue strap in the boutique to match the second hand but it just didnít work for me.

djyolky 21 September 2020 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wcdhtwn (Post 10931283)
I have the exact same hesitation about the 1351. If anyone has pictures of one on different color straps Iíd love to see them. I have a hard time imagining any other strap color going well with that dial. I looked at a blue strap in the boutique to match the second hand but it just didnít work for me.

I've decided to go with the 1312. Black dial and stainless steel. It should be here a week from now, super stoked.

demarcom 21 September 2020 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djyolky (Post 10923592)
Thank you for the recommendation. Those straps looks quite nice. They aren't overly thick?

No, I think they are perfect thickness. super soft too. Much better than and OEM Panerai strap, which are very stiff.

johnlcp 22 September 2020 08:32 PM

Quote:

i have the 1313. I wear the 1313 more than my rolex and AP nowadays. 44mm is comfortable to wear on my 16cm wrist, it is a bit heavier than i expected but I really happy with the decision. I like the blue dial and the white hands, lume.

djyolky 22 September 2020 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnlcp (Post 10934883)
i have the 1313. I wear the 1313 more than my rolex and AP nowadays. 44mm is comfortable to wear on my 16cm wrist, it is a bit heavier than i expected but I really happy with the decision. I like the blue dial and the white hands, lume.

That blue dial is very nice indeed. I ended up going with the black dial 1312. Now I just have to patiently wait for the shipping.

I'm looking at straps now. I really like the look of the Deluca leather strap, in particular, the vintage Swiss ammo strap. https://www.dalucastraps.com/product...tch-Strap.html

Also looking at some straps by Wotancraft https://www.wotancraft.tw/product/01-02-01-51

I'm open to anyone's strap recommendations as well, let the games begin!