Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum

Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum (https://www.rolexforums.com/index.php)
-   The Meeting Point (https://www.rolexforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   TRF Ophthalmologists (https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=817863)

Pw92676 25 August 2021 08:58 AM

TRF Ophthalmologists

Spiraling off the “what do you do” thread, SeeDweller and I got in touch off here. Nice convo offline and I’m grateful he didn’t rib me for how much cooler his username is than mine :) If there are any ophthalmologists here that are interested in creating an email thread, please pm he or me. We can loop everyone in and maybe get a virtual G2G or something. :cheers:

SeeDweller 25 August 2021 03:04 PM

Might be best to put this into “The Meeting Point” section where it’s more “visible”, but let’s let it ride for now and “see” who gets the “picture”.
I’m “looking” forward to hearing from any ophthalmologists who can transfer their love of detail worship, and project that into fine mechanical timepieces!

Send a PM to either Paul (above) or me!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ferdelious 26 August 2021 01:02 AM

I used to work for an ophthalmologist, do I qualify?

SeeDweller 26 August 2021 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ferdelious (Post 11662661)
I used to work for an ophthalmologist, do I qualify?

Only if you can name 3 syndromes or findings with the name “Leber” associated with them, AND tell us what a Sinskey hook is used for.
Then? Sure! Why not?
If you want the indescribable joy of watching videos of multifocal implants perfectly centered on the Perkinje reflex, jump on on!!!
[emoji1787]

SeeDweller 26 August 2021 04:41 PM

And Matt??
Seriously, I love your signature!

(So, WHO IS making the extra penny??). [emoji23][emoji1787][emoji23][emoji1787] :cheers:

ScrewItDown 27 August 2021 03:43 AM

I'm an ophthalmologist! Just joined the forum today. Wasn't expecting to see an ophthalmology thread on day one!

srvrf 27 August 2021 09:39 AM

I'm up for it, although I haven't used a Sinskey in over 20 years. I have been to his winery in Napa so that should count for something.

SeeDweller 27 August 2021 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvrf (Post 11665598)
I'm up for it, although I haven't used a Sinskey in over 20 years. I have been to his winery in Napa so that should count for something.

You have a special collection. The Aquanaut, Nautilis, and Royal Oak certainly make for a beautiful trinity!
Can you send a PM to Paul, and let’s put together a list of Ophthal. docs, with e-mail/cell numbers.
You going to New Orleans in November?

SeeDweller 27 August 2021 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrewItDown (Post 11664922)
I'm an ophthalmologist! Just joined the forum today. Wasn't expecting to see an ophthalmology thread on day one!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrewItDown (Post 11664922)

Just saw your note!
Why don’t you send a private message to Paul, and include your email and cell number. I don’t see a name on your profile yet, but we should definitely put together an eye doc list!!
How fun!!

Jeanf 28 August 2021 10:26 AM

srvrf 28 August 2021 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeeDweller (Post 11666138)
You have a special collection. The Aquanaut, Nautilis, and Royal Oak certainly make for a beautiful trinity!
Can you send a PM to Paul, and let’s put together a list of Ophthal. docs, with e-mail/cell numbers.
You going to New Orleans in November?

I just sent you a PM.