Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum

Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum (https://www.rolexforums.com/index.php)
-   Patek Philippe Discussion Forum (https://www.rolexforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   UK purchasing (https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=691414)

Dr.Teatime 9 August 2019 09:19 PM

UK purchasing

Dear all,
Has anyone been able to source any pieces from the UK recently?
The dollar seems pretty strong, I wonder if anyone can provide a contact to obtain pieces from the UK?
Im thinking about the 5325 or 5534
Thanks!

Sam Philip 9 August 2019 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Teatime (Post 9883439)
Dear all,
The dollar seems pretty strong, I wonder if anyone can provide a contact to obtain pieces from the UK?
Thanks!

I assume you meant 5235 or 5524. Which metal are you interested in?

It is not hard to obtain those 2 pieces in the UK. You can contact Boodles, recently they had 5235G and 5524R in stock.

Russell996 9 August 2019 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Teatime (Post 9883439)
Dear all,
Thanks!

Yes, lots. If you a UK resident with a good AD relationship. :cheers:
PS - neither of those a PP ref. :thinking:

chunkythebulldog 9 August 2019 10:07 PM

I havenít got enough money for all the Pateks my AD wants to sell me at present.

Aquaman 9 August 2019 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chunkythebulldog (Post 9883534)
I havenít got enough money for all the Pateks my AD wants to sell me at present.

:rofl:

BUT PP. I have seen 5524g in shop windows all around, so shouldn't be hard to get

Rwatcher 9 August 2019 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chunkythebulldog (Post 9883534)
I haven’t got enough money for all the Pateks my AD wants to sell me at present.

Your pain is felt by us all,

Sell a kidney? :chuckle:

Aquaman 9 August 2019 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rwatcher (Post 9883758)

As long as its not his liver after a previous thread I read, 29 pints, must be a southerner :cheers:

Fat_ninja 10 August 2019 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquaman (Post 9883772)
As long as its not his liver after a previous thread I read, 29 pints, must be a southerner :cheers:

Definitley not the liver for either of you

AK797 10 August 2019 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Philip (Post 9883442)
I assume you meant 5235 or 5524. Which metal are you interested in?

It is not hard to obtain those 2 pieces in the UK. You can contact Boodles, recently they had 5235G and 5524R in stock.

These two refs are buyable as Sam says, happy hunting without all the arse-kissing.

bonsai-man 10 August 2019 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat_ninja (Post 9883814)
Definitley not the liver for either of you

You could actually sell one eye, a single kidney, one lung, half a liver, several meters of bowl and your spleen and still survive . Any more than that and your quality of life may begin to suffer too much, but hey it could get you over the line for that Patek you always wanted. :chuckle:

Hope that helps. :thumbsup:

chunkythebulldog 10 August 2019 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquaman (Post 9883772)

That was 29 pints before the meal. I had a further 29 after the meal as well. :cheers:

chunkythebulldog 10 August 2019 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rwatcher (Post 9883758)

Unfortunately the devils already got that along with my soul.

Aquaman 10 August 2019 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chunkythebulldog (Post 9884050)
That was 29 pints before the meal. I had a further 29 after the meal as well. :cheers:

so a fat geordie or leeds fan then?

:cheers:

Dr.Teatime 10 August 2019 08:10 AM

Thanks all
The references are clearly wrong- thats what i get for trying to type fast on my mobile phone!

Ill try to contact Boodles & see what they have.
Anyone have a favorite representative they can point me to?

Sam Philip 10 August 2019 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Teatime (Post 9885098)
Thanks all
The references are clearly wrong- thats what i get for trying to type fast on my mobile phone!

Ill try to contact Boodles & see what they have.
Anyone have a favorite representative they can point me to?

Jamie Bennett, General Manager at Boodles New Bond Street is known to get difficult to obtain pieces, give special gifts when customers say they were sent by Mr Wanfu Lai.

Russell996 10 August 2019 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Philip (Post 9886164)
Jamie Bennett, General Manager at Boodles New Bond Street is known to get difficult to obtain pieces, give special gifts when customers say they were sent by Mr Wanfu Lai.

:chuckle:

AK797 10 August 2019 09:30 PM

Quote:

Joking aside, I would namedrop him and see, might help if he doesn't know what went down here.

Calatrava r 10 August 2019 11:12 PM

Most PM dress type watches are freely available new at retail from ADs. This segment of the watch market is actually very soft at the moment. Don't buy anything you're not really keen on and intend to keep a long time.

RussW 10 August 2019 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AK797 (Post 9886412)
Joking aside, I would namedrop him and see, might help if he doesn't know what went down here.

He might get suspicious when he gets 100 calls over the weekend asking for a 5711 :rofl:

Fat_ninja 11 August 2019 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RussW (Post 9886642)
He might get suspicious when he gets 100 calls over the weekend asking for a 5711 :rofl:

He just hung up on me... but I called and said I was fat_ninja

Dr.Teatime 11 August 2019 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calatrava r (Post 9886620)
Most PM dress type watches are freely available new at retail from ADs. This segment of the watch market is actually very soft at the moment. Don't buy anything you're not really keen on and intend to keep a long time.

Excellent advice!
I will bear in mind. I have a nautilus- so Im thinking about expanding to another type of Patek.

AshAP 11 August 2019 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat_ninja (Post 9886762)
He just hung up on me... but I called and said I was fat_ninja

[emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob CooK 11 August 2019 12:11 PM

Quote:

Who is Wanfu Lai?

Dr.Teatime 11 August 2019 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob CooK (Post 9888478)
Who is Wanfu Lai?

A chap on the forum who used to frequently state that he would get lavish gifts from his AD when he bought expensive watches. The thread escalated from there

IIRC he was banned thereafter. Wonder whats he up to now. Karl Stumke was on Instagram for a while- heís vanished from IG also :shrug:

Rob CooK 11 August 2019 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Teatime (Post 9888590)
A chap on the forum who used to frequently state that he would get lavish gifts from his AD when he bought expensive watches. The thread escalated from there

IIRC he was banned thereafter. Wonder whats he up to now. Karl Stumke was on Instagram for a while- heís vanished from IG also :shrug:

I am so confused, goog53 wrote Dlindsay was Karl, then he wrote Dlindsay was Danestaff. Now you say Wanfu Lai is Karl Stumke. :thinking:

Is the guy banned from IG as well?

GB-man 11 August 2019 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob CooK (Post 9888710)
I am so confused, goog53 wrote Dlindsay was Karl, then he wrote Dlindsay was Danestaff. Now you say Wanfu Lai is Karl Stumke. :thinking:

Is the guy banned from IG as well?

Wanfu lai was on here and went by Brian. He was an odd chap who always wanted to ask what watch he should buy and what gifts he might receive. That said, a member actually got a blue 5711 just by asking for his reference :chuckle:

Karl is a different person. He also had a great collection but nowhere near as odd as Brian (wanfu). He got banned for some other reason.

Bottom line unless you are here 24/7 you donít see the madness that gets people banned. They inevitably do dumb shit and the mods have to remove them.

Rob CooK 11 August 2019 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GB-man (Post 9888775)
Wanfu lai was on here and went by Brian. He was an odd chap who always wanted to ask what watch he should buy and what gifts he might receive. That said, a member actually got a blue 5711 just by asking for his reference :chuckle:

Karl is a different person. He also had a great collection but nowhere near as odd as Brian (wanfu). He got banned for some other reason.

Bottom line unless you are here 24/7 you donít see the madness that gets people banned. They inevitably do dumb shit and the mods have to remove them.

Thanks for the clarification. I now know who is who

Who is Danestaff/Dlindsay? :thinking:

Dr.Teatime 11 August 2019 10:39 PM

I didnít realize that some actually had success using Brianís reference.
Was this at Boodles?

Quote:

Originally Posted by GB-man (Post 9888775)

Sam Philip 12 August 2019 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Teatime (Post 9889291)
I didnít realize that some actually had success using Brianís reference.
Was this at Boodles?

Yes it was at Boodles, I was not joking when I mentioned that Jamie gives special treatment when customers say they were sent by "Brian". Some one else got an Aquanaut (5167A) as well.

Passionata 12 August 2019 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Philip (Post 9889450)
Yes it was at Boodles, I was not joking when I mentioned that Jamie gives special treatment when customers say they were sent by "Brian". Some one else got an Aquanaut (5167A) as well.

May they like Monty Pythons [emoji216] too [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]