Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum

Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum (https://www.rolexforums.com/index.php)
-   Panerai Discussion Forum (https://www.rolexforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Source For 24mm Carbotech Spring Bars (https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=803493)

enjoythemusic 14 May 2021 10:06 PM

Source For 24mm Carbotech Spring Bars

Having an interesting time sourcing the thick 24mm spring bars for the PAM01118 as want two or three more pairs. Called local boutique and they didn't have any. Anyone have a good source or substitute? Thx as all help is always appreciated.

rambo99 14 May 2021 10:33 PM

why do you want extra fairs of spring bars?

enjoythemusic 14 May 2021 11:27 PM

These are unique thick-bodied ones on Carbotech models, so not a normal spring bar as have an abundance of those. Tend to change straps a lot and since I only have one set, in case they break it's nice to have extras.

rambo99 14 May 2021 11:40 PM

in my 1616, the spring bars are very thick and sturdy, i dont think it would be easy to break or deform. i have changed straps for more than 10 times since i bought it 2 years ago, no problem so far.

enjoythemusic 15 May 2021 01:57 AM

Cool, thx for info and yeah they are sturdy big time. Just like having an extra set or two.

waterman1 15 May 2021 04:29 AM

I thought the same and wanted an extra pair for my 979. I had my 025 in for service at the Panerai boutique in La Jolla and bought an extra pair at that time. I think I paid $20.

The OG Beef 15 May 2021 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enjoythemusic (Post 11453257)
Having an interesting time sourcing the thick 24mm spring bars for the PAM01118 as want two or three more pairs. Called local boutique and they didn't have any. Anyone have a good source or substitute? Thx as all help is always appreciated.

Iíve gotten them from Bob in the past.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

stockae92 15 May 2021 11:11 AM

OT, my question is how's the case holding up changing strap with spring bars?

enjoythemusic 15 May 2021 12:39 PM

Really great! Have changed bands four times in the past week, and there's not a single mark or scratch.

waterman1 15 May 2021 05:45 PM

I’ve changed straps at least a 100 times in the past year and not a scratch or mark showing from it. The carbotech is a really great material.

Mystro 15 May 2021 10:42 PM

I got mine directly through Panerai. Call me up and they will get you a set.

Mystro 15 May 2021 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stockae92 (Post 11454733)
OT, my question is how's the case holding up changing strap with spring bars?

I’ll chime in as well. Almost 2 years now with several strap changes and I still do not have a mark on the watch. Even the inside of the lugs where the spring bar slides across to engage the very tiny hole for the spring bar. That is a notable design I did notice. Panerai Carbotech has to use spring bars by the way the material and lugs are designed. Panerai drills a very small and precise hole for their spring bar ends to fit in. There is zero play when the spring bar engages into those lug holes. This is top level manufacturing as the combination of the durability of the Carbotech and precise fitment of the spring bar makes a incredibly secure strap to case connection. The ultra fat Panerai spring bars that are the same diameter as the strap tubes just increases the toughness even more. :thumbsup:

I hate to keep say this but Panerai’s proprietary Carbotech material has shown to be really “next level” luxury watch case material. There is nothing else like it in the industry at any price point.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gy6iufjcxw...0net.jpg?raw=1

enjoythemusic 16 May 2021 12:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
^^^^^ this. Only had her a week and am VERY impressed with the case material. And yeah the springbar-to-case mating is very unique in a good way.

Attachment 1221458

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystro (Post 11455448)
I got mine directly through Panerai. Call me up and they will get you a set.

Thx everyone. Bob at Panerai Boutique in Naples is getting me some :thumbsup:

PS: PAM 42 Bronzo blue will be my 2021 Hanukkah present :smokin:

Mystro 16 May 2021 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enjoythemusic (Post 11455666)
^^^^^ this. Only had her a week and am VERY impressed with the case material. And yeah the springbar-to-case mating is very unique in a good way.

Attachment 1221458

Thx everyone. Bob at Panerai Boutique in Naples is getting me some :thumbsup:

PS: PAM 42 Bronzo blue will be my 2021 Hanukkah present :smokin:

Great. I still am using my original spring bars and they still are stiff and tight. I got my extra set “just in case” down the road. They are so unique I didn’t want to try to order a set when I actually might need them.:cheers: