Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum

Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum (https://www.rolexforums.com/index.php)
-   Rolex General Discussion (https://www.rolexforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   To each his Everest or ocean or horse! (https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=610212)

toomuchtalk 14 June 2018 03:05 AM

To each his Everest or ocean or horse!
 
Francis Chichester wore a Rolex oyster perpetual round the world. Members of the 1953 Everest expedition wore Rolex oyster perpetuals.

They served as the forerunners to the explorer and the submariner. And the rest is history.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...6d9f5ed24b.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...cfbab8274e.jpg


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

iwenger 14 June 2018 03:14 AM

Looks wonderful! Congrats on a great piece :cheers:

HogwldFLTR 14 June 2018 03:15 AM

Nice watch; is it 34 or 36mm. No horse shots for you, no mountains or frozen tundra or even current ocean shots with mine. Here it is any way. My Yin to your Yang. :cheers:


http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z...psavoja1km.jpg

toomuchtalk 14 June 2018 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HogwldFLTR (Post 8671987)
Nice watch; is it 34 or 36mm. No horse shots for you, no mountains or frozen tundra or even current ocean shots with mine. Here it is any way. My Yin to your Yang. :cheers:


http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z...psavoja1km.jpg

Thanks...

34mm...

SearChart 14 June 2018 03:44 AM

Congrats! Welcome to the OP34 club:clap:

AJM914 14 June 2018 03:48 AM

Congrats looks great! :thumbsup:

toomuchtalk 14 June 2018 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SearChart (Post 8672063)
Congrats! Welcome to the OP34 club:clap:



Cheers!

Here's a sofa shot...https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...c1fdc71d16.jpg


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shiny1 14 June 2018 03:59 AM

Nice one

cdmorenot 14 June 2018 04:02 AM

Beautiful piece Steve !

Wear it in the best of health.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

RHJ 14 June 2018 04:09 AM

these are VERYnice watches ... if they were a little bigger .. 38mm my be ...

mjclark32 14 June 2018 04:12 AM

Congrats!
I have the OP39 and love it. Enjoy!

Thuilln 14 June 2018 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SearChart (Post 8672063)
Congrats! Welcome to the OP34 club:clap:

You should create a 34mm owners club!

SearChart 14 June 2018 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thuilln (Post 8672234)
You should create a 34mm owners club!

There already is one[emoji106]

Justinmg 14 June 2018 04:58 AM

Very cool! When a watch was used as a tool

Johnfinlay 14 June 2018 05:12 AM

Very nice indeed.Any word on the book ?

toomuchtalk 14 June 2018 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RHJ (Post 8672131)
these are VERYnice watches ... if they were a little bigger .. 38mm my be ...

I understand, but you need to try it. It's a revelation...

When I bought her today I tried on the the new Air King- too thick.....

And the new Sea Dweller; too much bling!

toomuchtalk 14 June 2018 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnfinlay (Post 8672307)
Very nice indeed.Any word on the book ?

At the editors....:thumbsup:

toomuchtalk 14 June 2018 05:23 AM

:cheers:
Quote:

Originally Posted by SearChart (Post 8672063)
Congrats! Welcome to the OP34 club:clap:


Psijason 14 June 2018 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toomuchtalk (Post 8671950)
Francis Chichester wore a Rolex oyster perpetual round the world. Members of the 1953 Everest expedition wore Rolex oyster perpetuals.

They served as the forerunners to the explorer and the submariner. And the rest is history.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...6d9f5ed24b.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...cfbab8274e.jpg


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


Beautiful Steve!!!! I had you pegged as going back to the start with a Sub!!!! Love that white dial!!! Nice choice!!! Wear it in good health!!! :cheers:

toomuchtalk 14 June 2018 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psijason (Post 8672509)
Beautiful Steve!!!! I had you pegged as going back to the start with a Sub!!!! Love that white dial!!! Nice choice!!! Wear it in good health!!! :cheers:

Thanks....

polaris72 14 June 2018 06:11 AM

Excellent choice. I miss my 34mm AirKing. I am looking for a replacement...

toomuchtalk 14 June 2018 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by polaris72 (Post 8672531)
Excellent choice. I miss my 34mm AirKing. I am looking for a replacement...

Just done a post about the new op 34...

Try it out...

Rolex fan 61 15 June 2018 12:33 AM

Congrats Steve wear in good health, looking forward to reading your book.

SWISSAHOLICS 15 June 2018 12:43 AM

Congrats Steve. Another beautiful timepiece added to your stunning collection.

c41006 15 June 2018 12:52 AM

I really like the white dial :thumbsup:

Enoch 15 June 2018 02:13 AM

Here’s a pic of my horses..::lol::lol:

https://s6.postimg.cc/gmr7g384h/2_D3...8_D1_B9563.jpg

Devildog 15 June 2018 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toomuchtalk (Post 8671950)
Francis Chichester wore a Rolex oyster perpetual round the world. Members of the 1953 Everest expedition wore Rolex oyster perpetuals.

They served as the forerunners to the explorer and the submariner. And the rest is history.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...6d9f5ed24b.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...cfbab8274e.jpg


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Never mind the watch (lovely as it is Steve) - tell us about your horse!. Looks to have Arab in him (her?)

jonnyz1245 15 June 2018 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RHJ (Post 8672131)
these are VERYnice watches ... if they were a little bigger .. 38mm my be ...

They make it in a a 36 and 39mm. 36 has double batons at 3/6/9 but dial is same color etc.

toomuchtalk 15 June 2018 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enoch (Post 8675055)
Here’s a pic of my horses..::lol::lol:

https://s6.postimg.cc/gmr7g384h/2_D3...8_D1_B9563.jpg

Super cool-:cheers:

toomuchtalk 15 June 2018 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devildog (Post 8675119)
Never mind the watch (lovely as it is Steve) - tell us about your horse!. Looks to have Arab in him (her?)



Hi name is Ollie. Registered as a sports horse. Part warm blood.

He was my wife's- this is a picture of her riding him. And me riding him after she died.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...586b5fb014.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...8f735d937b.jpg


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 03:17 AM.