Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum

Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum (https://www.rolexforums.com/index.php)
-   WatchOut!!! (https://www.rolexforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Question with vendor and watch condition (https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=776078)

Frnkbonz 22 November 2020 04:54 AM

Question with vendor and watch condition
 
Hey everyone. Looking for assistance with some of the sharpies in the group. Anyone dealt with wingate before and can anyone give insight about condition about this watch. TIA

https://www.tic-tock.com/watches/men...ate%2040/24927


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frnkbonz 22 November 2020 05:40 AM

The watch looks good, but im not good with seeing if its been over polished or not

newu5er 22 November 2020 05:58 AM

If you can't tell, how much would it concern you? Just curious? It's not overpolished.

Harry-57 22 November 2020 07:42 AM

It looks good in the photos but the photos could do with being bigger. If you have the slightest doubt, there is no doubt.

Frnkbonz 22 November 2020 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newu5er (Post 11078061)
If you can't tell, how much would it concern you? Just curious? It's not overpolished.


Well when buying online. I dont want to get a watch that was ruined by being polished a lot (horns ruined). I dont have the eye like some people when it comes to PM watches.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peterpl 22 November 2020 08:43 AM

Its platinum. When you polish plat the material does NOT get lost like gold.

Rado63 22 November 2020 08:55 AM

The watch looks good and it appears to have stickers on the side of the case. They don't look like original stickers but may be on to protect the watch. The dealer has been around a long time. You can call them up and ask questions. The price seems about the lowest you will find. If you are interested in buying the watch they have a three day return policy. From the photos, the watch appears to be in excellent condition. I don't know how many links should be in that watch. I would like to know if all the original links are present. Good Luck.

Frnkbonz 22 November 2020 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rado63 (Post 11078350)
The watch looks good and it appears to have stickers on the side of the case. They don't look like original stickers but may be on to protect the watch. The dealer has been around a long time. You can call them up and ask questions. The price seems about the lowest you will find. If you are interested in buying the watch they have a three day return policy. From the photos, the watch appears to be in excellent condition. I don't know how many links should be in that watch. I would like to know if all the original links are present. Good Luck.


Thank you for the feedback!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CFR 22 November 2020 12:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Frnkbonz (Post 11077960)
Anyone dealt with wingate before

I had complained to their local Better Business Bureau (in Dallas) back in 2005-06 -- something I've never done with any other US dealer before or after then -- and quite a few other collectors emailed me at the time about their negative experiences. I saved the emails.

But that was 15 years ago, and things might've changed for the better. Hopefully they did. Just make sure they absolutely, positively have that exact watch in their actual possession, and don't wire them money -- pay with a credit card.

Unfortunately the warranty on that watch just expired, which makes me nervous. Many people had problems with those earliest DD40's from 2015 -- the day/date would change very late on some of them. I mentioned in another thread that Rolex just replaced the entire movement in mine a few months ago, just before the 5-year warranty expired in September 2020. Personally I'd want one that's still under warranty.

I love this model though!

Frnkbonz 22 November 2020 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CFR (Post 11078696)
I had complained to their local Better Business Bureau (in Dallas) back in 2005-06 -- something I've never done with any other US dealer before or after then -- and quite a few other collectors emailed me at the time about their negative experiences. I saved the emails.

But that was 15 years ago, and things might've changed for the better. Hopefully they did. Just make sure they absolutely, positively have that exact watch in their actual possession, and don't wire them money -- pay with a credit card.

Unfortunately the warranty on that watch just expired, which makes me nervous. Many people had problems with those earliest DD40's from 2015 -- the day/date would change very late on some of them. I mentioned in another thread that Rolex just replaced the entire movement in mine a few months ago, just before the 5-year warranty expired in September 2020. Personally I'd want one that's still under warranty.

I love this model though!


Ahh thank you. Yea... this dial is what im leaning towards. Its a real boss watch. My wife likes the diamond version. I do not know how it will look when you are wearing jeans and a t-shirt (in my case under armour sweat pants and a shirt).


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DJLester 23 November 2020 02:15 PM

Looks good to me...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 06:45 PM.