View Single Post
Old 9 October 2019, 09:01 AM   #55
locutus49
Banned

Watch: Platona
Ferrari makes an SUV. I saw one at a resort we stayed at. So does Rolls, saw one of those too (it looked like a Ford or Chevy).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosscheto View Post
I am kind of new to the watch game, but I always compare it to the car industry. I remember when BMW made the first X5 and there were so many discussions and criticism. How BMW is abandoning its DNA, and then all of a sudden everyone bar Ferrari is making an SUV.

The Macan is the volume maker for Porsche, Lamborghini got one, Maseratti got one, Rolls Royce got one, Mercedes redid the entire line, and BMW now offers in every shape or form. Range Rover for me is the equivalent of Audemars Piguet, they only produce SUV/ sports watches (AP are more than that, but few ppl care about the rest).

I do not see Chopard and the rest as a competitor to the Nautilus, I see them as cheaper options in the same segment. I do not believe that the sports watch craze is a trend, I think it will be the volume maker for almost anybody. The way the SUV replaced the estate/touring as the family car, the sports stainless steel watch has overwhelmingly become the everyday watch, and the best one watch collection.

For me the real alternative is the Overseas. I was in the VC Boutique in Geneva last weekend, and the watch is a killer for the right price. It has 3 straps, quick change option, and it is the perfect one watch collection. I find the chrono a tad too tick, but I prefer it over the three hander. I still prefer the Aquanaut, but if something goes wrong, most likely I will go for the Overseas.
locutus49 is offline   Reply With Quote