View Single Post
Old 8 November 2019, 11:35 AM   #64
Txkill
"TRF" Member

Watch: Lots
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim251 View Post
My first post here in years...

At its peak my little watch collection was 2x PP and 7x Rolex. As I entered retirement and contemplated the fact I had no son to leave them to I sold most of them off, leaving only an Aquanaut and a Hulk behind. All was well and I was happy living without the constant pursuit of my next watch.

Then my AD called in July with the BLRO I told him I wanted the day it was announced. Fab watch, love it, and it jumpstarted the whole watch-passion thing for me again. Then, out of the blue, I was offered what I considered "crazy money" for my Aquanaut, even though it was 8 YO, well worn and in need of a servicing. So I let it go, with no regrets, and bought a ND Sub, a watch I've loved forever, so much so that the Hulk is going to move on in life, as soon as I get around to it...

Now, as to Seiko...

My wife and I travel to Europe a lot and it has always been a struggle, at least for me, as to which watch(es) to take. A few years ago I even went with NO watch just because of where I knew I'd be (stupidest thing I ever did.) This year I took all that I have learned and made what has turned out to be an incredibly great decision... I bought an SKX007!

Now, after those 3 weeks of running around Paris with the SKX as my only timekeeper, my entire perception of what is great about this hobby has changed, and all for the better. The SKX is just a great watch and if I'm the last one to know this then I'm just glad I finally do. I will never sell this watch.

Definitely no more PP for me and am likely (wink, wink) finished buying Rolex. But I do have 2 more Seiko purchases planned and am looking forward to them as much as any watch I've ever purchased. Well, mostly. ;)

Anyway, here's my SKX007, my "Paris Watch" on an UncleSeiko Z199...

Best to all,
Jim

I love your post Jim. It’s great to read about all the great watch lovers being Seiko Pilled! Anyways. The skx is a great watch for sure. I’m excited to learn what your next two Seiko’s will be!
Txkill is offline   Reply With Quote