View Single Post
Old 2 December 2019, 05:01 PM   #98
xelor63
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedly1 View Post
I don’t really have a dog in this fight but a few thoughts on this ‘letter’ ...

1. All correspondence I have ever seen or had from Geneva has been on green paper .. by hard copy or by email as attached PDF

2. Every piece of correspondence I have had requesting information on vintage watches has been replied to by after sales or heritage , by fairly specific known people with expertise in the area of vintage watches

3 . For the last 10 years of so since liability became an issue for Rolex , I have heard the same mantra over and the over again .. we do NOT comment without physically inspecting a piece first .

4 . Does anyone know or research ..‘Isabelle humm as a Rolex employee ? ‘ ... an more so an employee qualified to make comment on such matters ...if she truly is and I just can’t track her down ... I suspect she will be paying her boss a visit this morning ....

5 there are several watches that have been accepted and serviced by Rolex ( including the blue bezel being noted ) to make a statement like this would leave them with serious liability issues regarding anyone who bought such a watch ...

6 there are multiple discussions about on forums , most notably o+p that all reach the conclusion that blue bezels were never supplied new on watches but were at best a service part ... that is how almost everyone I’ve ever met views them ...

6 I note the ‘letter’ has now been deleted by the original poster ....

The watches are accepted at a RSC, in RSC Brussel they accepted a submariner with a white explorer dial. Send a blueberry to Rolex service Geneve and it will come back as a Pepsi!

XELOR

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk