View Single Post
Old 5 December 2019, 07:41 AM   #10
Cooper33
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyxxx View Post
It doesn’t make financial sense to me – but I have had it for our dog for the last seven years.

Let me explain why.

I am attached to my dog and would miss it immensely.
Without insurance:
What happens if it has an accident and breaks a leg?(let’s say £500) – a fairly easy decision for me, I would of course pay.
What about a more serious injury (lets ay £5000) - I would still pay.
What about a really serious injury (let’s say above £10 or 15,000) I probably could not justify that amount, yet my Wife and daughters would insist upon it.

There would be a point I would not pay and there would me massive turmoil.

So to never have to make that decision I am prepared to pay for the best insurance I can find.
Agree 100%.

I think if you have a dog, especially not an apartment one, insurance is a no brainer. A broken leg will set you back much more than the annual insurance premium.

I have always been really attached to the dogs and cats I had over the years and would hate to be put in a position where I would consider even for a second not give them the best care in the world because of my finances. I would sell my entire watch collection without ever looking back if need be, but prefer to pay for the best insurance I can find in order to avoid this!
Cooper33 is offline   Reply With Quote