View Single Post
Old 11 December 2019, 11:12 AM   #434
canadianswiss
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by springer View Post
Tom, I've been collecting over 40 years, and I am quite aware of how my brain functions. With that said, I don't know anyone that originally purchased a blueberry watch from Rolex or an insert from their service department. But, as I said before, Rolex will have the final say in this, not you, me or anyone else - whether you agree or not.

Hey, looks like you have not only posting count advantage but collecting advantage as well. That’s settled.
I absolutely would take Rolex letter under at most consideration, I doubt it would be issued though. That’s settled as well.

But, again, we are left with our brains only for the time being at least.

I would be in shock of a lifetime if Rolex issued a letter stating these inserts are Rolex parts, for their quality alone, if not for anything else.

Why would Rolex manufactured an insert so technologically disadvantaged from anything else they ever put out?
Why, all of a sudden, they would change technological process, proven for decades, and come out with an end result that could be easily performed by any half decent paint shop around the world?
What does your 40 years collecting experience tell you about that?

PS, with our 70 years collective involvement in vintage Rolex, our connections to tens or possibly hundreds of serious collectors around the world, we do no not know even ONE original owner of the watch or the insert alone, moreover, none of the people we know know of anyone who would know the first owner (at least in my case). That’s literally thousands of collectors around the world.
Nobody on this forum knows of a first owner, and nobody on the VRF knows if one either.

Based on what we know so far nothing less but a miracle would have to be involved in saving the Blueberry Insert!
MHO only.

Best Regards,
:):)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk