View Single Post
Old 11 December 2019, 11:23 AM   #436
ma.st.
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan S View Post
I think the direct answer to your question is "no", but the issue is more subtle.

The people who own and sell these watches would prefer people to believe that the inserts are original. However, currently most sellers don't claim this explicitly, instead they generally use nuanced language, saying things like "the watch comes with a blueberry insert". So as long as the inserts are authentic service parts, the listings aren't explicitly false.
very good point, and the nuanced language shifts the burden of proof as others were debating previously. I don't think the burden of proof can explicitly be tagged to either buyer or seller and therein lies the root of the debate and the creation of a market that seemingly defies logic. Again I say "defies logic" not to take a side but to make a point that the prices paid for modern and vintage watches recently and the meteoric rise of both exist in a little bit of a perfect storm of many many factors discussed ad nauseam be it SS shortage, controlled inventory, AD power trips, social media hot-doggin' etc etc.