View Single Post
Old 15 December 2019, 09:42 AM   #94
Paulie 50
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmon Rabb View Post
Already own a few of the watches that has gone up in price beyond comprehension last couple of years. I just bought a four digit datejust. Itīs the only model Iīve been thinking of buying lately. Not as investments but to use daily. As people getting more aware about the vintage prices of the 5513, 1665, 1675 and so on. The risk of getting the wrong kind of attention is higher than ever. I used to think you could walk around in a dressed down 5513. Those days are gone with all attention on social media. I wonder how long it takes when you no longer can dress down a 1601. I actually hope that the prices donīt move any more. I could not care less if they dropped. Than people could use them for what they are and really appreciate them. I never bought any of the vintage Rolex as investments. More like something you could use, and still get your money back more or less after a few years instead of having the money on an savings account. In those days most people bought the newest model they could find or a fake. The only fake watch of vintage models where the Paul Newman Daytona era Daytonas. Apart from that you never knew if people you met had a real Rolex of the fake version of one.
couldn't agree more.
Paulie 50 is offline   Reply With Quote