View Single Post
Old 22 December 2019, 08:35 PM   #37
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lol-x View Post
Vintage Rolex Jubilee Bracelets rattle too, so its in good company.
You can kind of hack it with slight back pressure sometimes on the crown, but it doesn't alway work. But I agree the lack of hacking is not an issue.
It is nice to have both the day and date windows.
The bezel is nicely marked and coloured and the hour markers look very professional and vintage especially without having any steel embellishments.
It is reminiscent of vintage Rolex professional models such as the 1675 and the 1680.
Although I have the SKX007, I do love the SKX009 perhaps more.
The watch wears very comfortably on the wrist and the crown located at 4 O'Clock is cool.
The 009 has a dark blue dial which somehow to me looks charcoal in many photographs, but in real life it is more visually appealing than photos can depict if that makes sense to anyone.
Although the watch cannot be wound, it starts up with a few flicks of the wrist and is not prone to stopping with daily wear so it's a very reliable watch for timekeeping.
The splash of red writing on the dial is cool and the extra line of text if you get the "made in japan" model is a bonus.
The lume is second to none (much better than Rolex), which is so amazing at this price point.
The second hand stands out with its painted white tip as a final touch and makes one think that Seiko really did pay quite a lot of attention to detail with this watch at a price that cannot be beaten.
You hit all the salient points Steve

Funny you should mention the blue dial ... I was beginning to wonder if the dial on this one was black/gray until I got it outside under natural light, that’s when I noticed the blue color finally showing
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote