View Single Post
Old 24 December 2019, 07:16 AM   #4
J to the Z
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP
[QUOTE=fluffybunny;10227983]
Quote:
Originally Posted by J to the Z View Post
The display case back and updated clasp are definitely nice to haves with the 15450, but personally I didn’t like the proportions of the 15450 (it felt way too thick for a smaller dial watch). The proportions of the 14790 are much better in my opinion and it feels more true to the classic royal oak roots with how thin it is. I came really close to pulling the trigger on a 14790 but I really wanted something a tiny bit bigger, while still staying thin and with the display case back and updated clasp so I ended up pulling the trigger on a 15300 since it checks all those boxes. I also have a 6.5” wrist so I’d recommend giving the 15300 some consideration too.

Thanks. I haven't really looked at the 15300 but will do so. It's funny, I tried the 15450 on in Geneva a couple of years ago and it was the slightly chunkier case I appreciated. In practice, I think I'd wear it differently to the 14790, which excels in the very hot months here when I don't want to wear a leather band with work clothes. I could see the 15450 being worn more often - a similar size to my Daytona but with a date.

Happy to help! If you don’t mind the extra thickness of the 15450 then I could definitely see it as a nice step up from the 14790 as you’re getting the newer movement, display case back, and updated clasp. The 15450 isn’t even that thick in the grand scheme of things so it’ll probably fit under most shirt cuffs anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
J to the Z is offline   Reply With Quote