View Single Post
Old 30 December 2019, 06:49 AM   #9
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

It is THE toughest watch I have ever owned. It’s stronger than titanium yet scratch resistant as ceramic and not brittle. It doesn’t conduct heat/cold on the arm. Carbotech is THE strongest and most durable material I know of in the watch industry. I had mine on several dives this summer and hit it on the side of a bridge pier 12’ under water. Any other watch like a Sub I would have surfaced to access the scuffs and possible dents/ceramic bezel cracking. Not one mark on my Pam 661 Carbotech. Absolutely pristine. Carbotech is in its own league. As far as feel,....If your are familiar with exotic cars or aircrafts, it has that exact light weight carbon fiber compared to its metal counterpart feel. It’s light weight is why it’s so special. Mine is 105 grams on the wrist. Carbon fiber will never be confused with SS.

As far as how the watch wears?.......”Its like wearing a flat black LaFerrari on the wrist”. Very exotic looking, ultra light weight with a very high performance movement under the hood. It’s my most comfortable watch I own. Dial legibility in any/low light is also best in class. I wear mine a lot.

The new Panerai p.9010 movement is outstanding and has shown to have a 80 hour power reserve. The amplitude Panerai achieves with the double barrel mainspring is the highest I have ever tested on the scope. Ceramic rotor bearings, it’s got it all if you are a movement snob. Another unique quality of this watch is the way it transmits it’s movement’s metallic ticking sound through the Carbotech case. It’s almost amplified and wonderful sounding like what a well constructed acoustic guitar body does.
Between the looks and performance, it’s a rockstar and stands out from the crowd.

Lume is outstanding.

Mystro is online now   Reply With Quote