View Single Post
Old 6 January 2020, 04:02 AM   #37
indiana
"TRF" Member

People who love a watch like this root for it not against it. Then again, it seems like some folks are simply hoping for a bargain. OP, I don't think what you are sensing is hostility at your posts so much as disappointment that someone might be wishing a particular watch ill for whatever personal motivation they have - even if that motivation is they WANT it. Patek puts a lot of hard work, time, money and artistry into pieces like the 5212. Occasionally, the market recognizes a success with prices well above MSRP. Sometimes it does not. A lot of "experts" seem to believe the 5212 stands out. I happen to humbly agree. I really see it as an effort by Patek to close the current gap in popularity between sports and dress watches. a valiant effort by a company that prides itself on innovation and leading in the marketplace irrespective of the cost. But social media is a dangerous and powerful tool that can cause misinterpretation, even of a masterpiece. God forbid that Van Gogh would have gotten evaluated on a forum like this in his lifetime. Sometimes a piece of art is worth more than its original asking price...
indiana is offline   Reply With Quote