View Single Post
Old 6 March 2009, 12:48 AM   #1
Chrisxx

Looking for a "keeper" watch

Hello,
I posted the below in the new member section, but it was suggested that it would get more feedback out here!

I am looking to buy a "keeper" watch in the next couple of months so joined these forums to check out all things Rolex.

Already had some great advice and friendly feedback on the discount situation for Rolex in the UK (and a top tip on Ernest Jones).

My intention is to spend £3k (maybe up to £4k) on a watch (ideally, something robust that looks good both on a bracelet or strap), these are my current thoughts:

GMT IIC Perfect watch, love the easylink bracelet, amazed by the price increases, would need to negotiate to get into price range
Submariner Classic, but price is still creeping a little high
Submariner No date Very Bond, but I am unsure of the hollow centre links
PAM111 love it, shame there isn't a bracelet option, having said that I have tried on the new bracelet and to is too big for my wrist
Omega Speedmaster love the history, considering the sapphire sandwich for robustness, find the bracelet with polished spacers a bit fussy though
Breiting Superocean Great bracelet, but find the bezel a little busy...

Any feedback on these watches of any sort would be welcomed!

I have been checking out grey dealers (thebrandedwatchcompany.co.uk and deliciouswatches.co.uk), any advice or experiences would be welcomed.

Also, any tips for good discount in the UK too!
Best regards,
Chris
Chrisxx is offline   Reply With Quote