View Single Post
Old 16 January 2020, 05:10 AM   #2
coaxial
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5513, 116610LN
If hunting for rare examples & you have hypothetically purchased the watch largely in part for future investing with patina you dont like... Youve bought the wrong watch attributing to FOMO.

In this situation sure you could purchase a NOS dial but it wont match your patina handset; Unless you have pristine handset in the watch or purchased separately. Imo, the real collectable value of a NOS piece is only relative to how complete/whole matching NOS condition the watch is in. NOS should be NOS; Not pristine dials and beat to hell & back cases/bracelets. That scenario would have me leaning towards a frankenstein watch. Monetary value would be up to interpretation; In my eyes it would devalue the watch without the inclusion of original parts that got swapped. Service dials/parts from manufacturer service doesnt particularly bother me for a vintage daily piece; Collecting for profitability as an investment I would steer clear & avoid.

In this scenario I would leave the watch alone or save towards a watch that meets the criteria I like.