View Single Post
Old 26 January 2020, 11:43 AM   #89
BT1985
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locust View Post
Not sure on earth how I’m “trying to get us to a point where logic and truth have no sway”. But you totally proved my point. Congratulations! ��. (Didn’t say ANYTHING in my post about Patek, but you ranted at me like I did)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsiretail View Post
Honestly, if you are trying to get us to a place where logic and truth have no sway I'm not going there with you. Just because unconscious brain activity occurs does not mean that it now rules all other conscious functioning.

Look at a watch like the spring drive above. Polishing done on a spinning tin wheel and hands and indices that are polished by one task workers to shine so well. That is fine. I appreciate a high polished finish. Now look at the Patek 5296G. That case is executed to a ridiculously high standard, by the hands of artisans every step of the way. Is it shiny like Zaratsu? No. Is it a higher finished case? Yes. Look at the printed dial on that Patek. It is printed but the realization of the task is artistic whereas the GS never achieves that moniker although it is technically excellent. With other Patek models, such as my 5124G, the level of dial, hands and Breguet numerals finishing is in another category than the GS, both artistically and technically. So, regarding the exterior any Patek is better finished than GS.

GS is it's own watch and there is a lot to like. It is ludicrous though to posit that they are finished to the same standard as Patek Philippe, on the outside or inside.

Zaratsu is shiny.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BT1985 is offline   Reply With Quote