View Single Post
Old 24 February 2020, 04:30 AM   #7
bigdavep
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossww View Post
I turn 50 this year and have been visiting local AD's to try and shmooze and get my name on a the radar for a Submariner w/date. I assumed it would take a few months and intended on multiple followups.

So yesterday, I was just stopped by to check in on one of the AD's (I have purchased several watches over the past 15 years from them) to keep my name fresh on their minds and checked out their inventory while I was there. I tried on a couple they had in stock and kept saying that I really want to wait for the Sub as none of them were the ones I wanted. After ten to fifteen mins in the store, they say they just got a shipment in and are unpacking it now and "Presto'"..they walk out with the exact watch I want.

Of course I took it, but couldn't help but think that this was a game and they "vetted" me and looked up my purchase history while I was trying on watches. The process feels slimy, but I'm happy I got the watch!
Upon leaving, I said that I'll buy several more watches if a Daytona magically appears in the next few years.....and I shall wait and see.
A very good chance i'd say, but who cares, you got your watch...
bigdavep is offline   Reply With Quote