View Single Post
Old 12 March 2009, 08:31 AM   #1
frostie
1,000,000th PostMember

Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch help !

I really don't know anything about Omega watches so don't be harsh if I say anything stupid

I want to know about the Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch the one with the Sapphire Crystal see through caseback.

I saw it today at an AD and I don't know why but it just hit me. I was drooling all over it I always wanted an affordable chronograph watch with a decent quality and a bigger case ( I think it's a 42mm ). So far I've realised that the Speedmaster is a bit of a bargain ! I know that you get a lot of history but I really have no clue about Omega's reliability or quality.

Being a hardcore rolex fan I am a bit confused whenever I think about Omega's as I always thought that Omega watches are a step below rolex in terms of quality, reliability etc. ( even though I've heard that they are great timepieces ).

So what do you guys think ? Is it really worth it ?

By the way what's the retail price for one of those ?

I'll check the price tomorrow at the AD but I would like to compare the Greek price with other prices around the world.

And now some questions for the owners:

1. What is the difference between the Hezalite Moonwatch and the Sapphire Moonwatch ? Is it just the crystal and the see through caseback ? Are there any mechanical differences ?

2. Does the bracelet stretch after a long period ?

3. Is it boring to hand wind the watch every day ?

4. What about the overall quality ? Is there any value for money ?

5. How is the timekeeping ?

6. Do you consider the Speedmaster a bargain watch when compared with other chronographs in the market ?

Well I guess that's all !

Sorry for making such a long post but I am a complete Omega newbie and I would really like to learn as much as possible about this particular watch

Thanks a lot for your kind attention !

PS. I 'll be back with more questions

GMT - Master II C - 116710 LN
frostie is offline   Reply With Quote