View Single Post
Old 6 April 2020, 06:48 AM   #7
vinlesposito
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by freefly View Post
Never like seeing these posts, and they don't seem to be getting any less frequent!

Sorry OP, your money is gone (unless you can miraculously stop/reverse the wire).

I really don't want to rub salt in the wound, but it never ceases to amaze me how otherwise intelligent folks can bypass multiple blatant warning signs,
and/or fail to do even the most basic due-diligence before sending large sums of money to strangers over the internet, via wire transfer.

Here we have a relatively new eBay seller with 1 single seller-feedback rating for a low-dollar item, who uses stolen pics, and requests payment by wire.

It took me all of about 30 seconds to find.

(Will be zapping the fraudsters listing shortly).

Again, sorry OP. Hopefully others can/will take heed.
You’re totally right on all of this stuff and I did some digging on ebay to try to find the watch that I was dealing with. Seller was able to provide additional pics that I still havent been able to find elsewhere, even after I bugged out and scrubbed all the forums. Fact of the matter is that hindsight is 20/20 and I got screwed. I’ve reported the seller to ebay and been in communications with customer service. The rep has read through all of our messages but essentially can’t do anything as they treat it as a private sale. Last attempt is to talk with the bank tomorrow, but again not very hopeful.

I hate to be one of those “man sucks for that guy” stories, especially after reading so many of them. Just got a little over ambitious and too trusting of information being sent my people online.
vinlesposito is offline   Reply With Quote