View Single Post
Old 12 April 2020, 04:41 PM   #141
slimboy1974
"TRF" Member

Watch: Two Tone Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by 365DAS View Post
I’ve been on a mission recently to try and pick up a 116718LN as I had let this reference slip through the net when it was discontinued! I’ve been wanting to try and get my hands on a late production year so that it still had some balance of warranty left but more importantly, as close to “Unworn” as possible.

I started my hunt in my home country, even went as far as Italy to get one but got cold feet as the seller seemed to behave suspiciously so didn’t go ahead with the purchase. I eventually spoke to my AD and they even alerted their preowned department to keep an eye as well as some independent dealers they know. Eventually they got in contact and offered me a preowned one but did also state that there was one that they knew had minimum wrist time as they had been in touch with one of their regular customers who rotates their watches frequently in order to find their next purchase. Anyway, long story short...I’ve finally have one and have just had it hand delivered by them (very good of them with everything that is going on in the world during this time) and I couldn’t have been happier!

For me, my GMT collection is complete as I’ve got all the Maxi Case ones that I would want to have. Yes, I could add a Blue or original black dial WG Pepsi but I’ve got the one WG variant I like the most. Was now waiting to see if another GMT release would be added to the line up but looks as though we’re going to have to wait a few months or potentially next January...who knows at this rate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Absolutely love it, enjoy I dream of getting a yg one day, love the box as well where did you manage to pick that up?
slimboy1974 is offline   Reply With Quote