View Single Post
Old 14 April 2020, 06:11 AM   #137
SMD
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgmvm2087 View Post
I’m sorry to tell you but every hamburger sold from McDonalds is not bought directly from the Corporation. There are franchises and they have rules and McDonalds Corp. can be held liable for their actions. And yes the AD/Franchisee comparison is correct.

As for this thread, I will leave you guys to figure out the rest..... and yes I’ll take fries with that!
Again, this is wrong. I would encourage you to read an actual franchise agreement.

If a franchisee violates labour laws you cannot go after McDonalds Corp. This is the entire point of the model. You get a bunch of independent business people to run the locations, put up the capital and take the risk. But the franchisees make a number of key decisions to ensure that McDonalds corp is not seen as pulling the strings on day to day decision making. Obviously everyone tries to sue the deep pocket corp but it is very, very rarely successful absent the franchisor holding out the franchisee as its agent, which I assure no successful franchisor does.
SMD is online now   Reply With Quote