View Single Post
Old 21 April 2020, 09:48 AM   #10
Swiss Mad!
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
Hi & welcome to the Forum.

As an owner of the SD43 & a former Bluesy owner, I’ll chip in.

The first thing I would say is you really NEED to try both these pieces on before committing to either one.

Not easy I know as neither piece is readily available to view at an AD, although the Bluesy would probably be easier to source than the SD43.

The Bluesy is a spectacular piece & looks way better in the flesh than it does in pictures.

I know you say the ‘bling’ factor doesn’t bother you, but for a daily wearer just be aware that this piece does attract attention.

It literally glints in the sunlight, & sparkles under artificial light, so it’s unavoidable that people wont notice it.

This is fine if your having a nice meal in a fancy restaurant, not so great if your walking past a group of hoodies as you inadvertently find yourself in the wrong part of town.

This is ultimately why I parted company with mine. As much as I loved it, I wasn’t wearing it nearly enough as it deserved as I was always very conscious it was on my wrist so had to pick & choose very carefully when & where I wore it.

The SD43 is completely different.

It’s a big chunky watch with a lot of heft and wrist presence.

It can feel quite heavy at times, especially when you first get it & aren’t used to wearing such a big watch.

As a daily wearer I would say the SD is the most practical of the 2, although from a personal point of view, I don’t find it the most comfortable for all day use.

Fine for short periods & weekends etc, but not for all day, every day.

That’s just my personal experience, there will be guys on here that give you a completely different spin on it & will tell you the SD is the best thing since sliced bread & wouldn’t wear anything else as a daily.

Like I say, you really need to see both pieces, try them on & then decide which ones best for you.

Personally, I would consider a regular Submariner 116610LN as a more comfortable alternative to the SD especially as you say you have 6 3/4” wrists - mine are 7 1/4” & I find the SD to be a little on the large side.

Anyway, good luck with the hunt & report back when you make your mind up

[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

instagram: max.parkin
Swiss Mad! is offline   Reply With Quote