View Single Post
Old 21 April 2020, 01:57 PM   #71
AF_Rob
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub/Polar/OP/BB
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsolutelyROLEX! View Post
Let me try to simplify my point.

1. Rolex started controlling supply heavily (in many ways)
2. They told all there dealers to follow this strategy or risk losing their license
3. Only selected people started getting supply
4. Those select people sold to greys at inflated prices to make money, or directly to private buyers on sales forums.
5. An oversupply has now formed mainly at grey dealers.
6. The few of us that did not qualify as select buyers now cannot get get anything from the AD.
7. This is due to the fact that most of the watches were flipped by the people who were in the “select” group, which was what the ADs were trying to avoid.
8. Now all those watches are in grey dealers hands, at ridiculous prices, that us people that were not in the “select group” can afford.
9. Now that this pandemic has spread, this oversupply is just sitting everywhere, not getting sold

I see your point. To make matters worse, those inflated prices won’t go down very far because of the price paid to obtain them. Most likely, they won’t budge because sellers would rather wait out the storm.

The watch you are looking to get is one you want for your private collection and don’t intend to sell in the near future, if I’m understanding you correctly... hence, the aggravation of not being able to obtain it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk