View Single Post
Old 24 April 2020, 07:49 PM   #24
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcsatx View Post
Ive been researching 16710s for a few months now and watching prices. They do not seem to have come down as others slightly have. Ideally a 3186 but I'm not into paying 15 to 20K for one. Thinking mid F series 3185 maybe in the 10k to 13K price range. Not sure I really care too much about SEL va Non SEL. Is there really anything I should be concerned about with an "older" non 3816 version of this watch?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
The 3186 has been very over hyped on the net,in the real world the 3185 is a fantastic movement.There were a few problems with the early 3186 which the 3185 never had,and in the real world the only difference is the hand slack.On the 3185 for one full crown turn the second time zone hand with jump around 5 hours.On the 3186 around 8 hours and thats about it, I would choose a 3185 every time over a 3186.As for the SEL bracelets they started from 2000 on as for the inserts they are quite easy to change yourself cost around $75 per insert get all 3 and have 3 different watches for the price of one, the 16710 is a very versatile watch.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote