View Single Post
Old 6 June 2020, 08:58 AM   #30
Rick Deckard
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLLiWORKS View Post
77T thanks for the PM.

Sorry Bill, yes we forgot to return your black carrier. We are admittedly very very bad with this. Please call us and describe it and we'll look for it in our packaging boneyard. 408-800-3244 ask for Mike

For the winding crown we adjusted the movement over about half a degree and reapplied the Fomblin grease. It was sitting slightly over to one side of the case tube. It's important to note a winding crown will have a different feel with a fluffy new gasket compared to the old dried up gasket.

We do what we can with those tbars found inside the rivet oysters. I can't remember the last time I've seen one that hasn't been jacked with in one way or another. I think anyone' who has owned one know excatly what I am referring to. We've taught clients how to adjust these to improve fitment. What IS NOT REQUIRED is taking a pair of needle nose pliers to the inside on the end piece where the Tbar is. It's nearly impossible for us to reconstruct the shape of this small attachment when it is distorted or mangled. Sigh ... we see this on 99% of the bracelets that have come through here. (I think it's actually 100%)

We've actually have gotten the swiss rivet and CI rivet end pieces to sit quite tightly at times then other times a good fit but with a little bit of wobble. It's a bit puzzling at times.
Mike, I don't know either you or the OP, but your reputation and the way you respond here are just outstanding. I admire your professionalism.

If I ever need something done outside of the RSCs, I will absolutely give you a call.

And if the OP could upload some pictures, it would probably help all of us to better understand the issue.

Chris

Lineup: 1601 (SD) - 16030 (SD) - 126334 (BLSO) -116600 - 116610LV Mk.III - 126610LV - 126710BLRO Mk.III (Jubilee/Oyster) - 116500LN-0072 (BD/SD)
Rick Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote