View Single Post
Old 8 June 2020, 05:19 AM   #21
Wrist party
"TRF" Member

321 Ed White imminent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by subtona View Post
Not very imaginative but expecting a fancy box with a strap alternative and some reference to Ed white in the kit, Maybe a strap tool and a loop?

Of course All the above is just fluff... a choice between hesalite and sapphire would really be nice

Yea I know, I got that idea from early version of PAM 372 actually, they have the replacement of the hesalite glass included in the box while the one on the actual watch is sapphire, still think that’s pretty cool til today.

The main complaint I’ve read about the new Ed White is the price, the faux patina and the sapphire front and back. Hardly anyone is bitching about the cal.321, which is the core idea of this watch IMHO.

Now I don’t care about the patina at all, I myself even have a DSotM vintage black, I just love the warmth of the lume far better than the conventional greenish white, if there are some mind-blowingly genesis chemists who can develop a type of lume material that can shrink the time period of the fading color from decades to the matter of 3-5 years or even months, that would be FUCKING awesome!!!

Second the price, I didn’t care that much. The Cal.321 is like the nuclear [emoji3518] option in Omega’s game plan in the David vs. Goliath story (Rolex of course....lol) and probably the only place where Omega dominates over Rolex —— historic symbolism. So I was prepared for the SS version to carry a price tag for over 10k since day one they announced that they are bringing back the Cal.321.

Thirdly is this hesalite vs sapphire debate which I think is the ONLY thing that’s worth talking about, the 2 above are just nonsense and keyboard fighters can always find shit to bitch about. I do not consider myself a die hard purists but since this watch is all about storytelling of the scientific progress, I believe we should tell the full version of that story so a solid case back and hesalite glass are very important. However, it is just a CRIME to hide that beautiful caliber underneath a solid case back, hence the idea of including the extra parts in the box so that we can make a choice by ourselves which I’m sure it will be highly appreciated.

Overall, I can’t wait to see mine, sooner rather than later of course.

Chill
Wrist party is offline   Reply With Quote