View Single Post
Old 16 June 2020, 03:54 PM   #109
LoveTheCrown
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by careeraxe View Post
I am looking to buy a Daytona I saw. It’s a pre-owned model - 2006. It has a white dial with gold and stainless steel.

I want to buy a rubber strap for it, with the Buckle. Where can I buy one from? What is the consensus of how it will look?

Thanks

I’ve long been a fan of using personal straps on certain of my watches. But, I do find myself sometimes swapping them off and on like some kind of Apple Watch! (like imagine if we all suddenly had to stay locked in doors with nothing to do......).

As for where to get one, there are many many on-line places of varying degrees of flexibility, price and quality. Personally, after trying a few others and looking around, I finally found Dangerous9 and purchased numerous straps from them in many different combinations of design for a few different model watches. Here is the link

https://dangerous9straps.com/shop/

Every time the new strap arrives, I’m blown away. You can pick from so many different leathers, colors,finishes.... it does take a while between order and receipt because everything is hand made and the components each hand purchased. But when you finally get the new strap, excitedly swapping it into the body of your watch and then finally wearing it, it just feels perfect!! I don’t feel this way about every diff model of Rolex. Some models I prefer to wear as originally designed on the steel or gold bracelet. As it so happens, I’m currently wearing a white face Daytona 116500LN on a custom made strap of alligator on the outside and teju Lizard on the inside. It makes it a very different watch to wear. Funny, I prefer my black dial 116500LN only with the the original metal bracelet. All a question of personal taste I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LoveTheCrown is offline   Reply With Quote